Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Easily offended

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, May 24 2017, 4:59 am
My 3 year old is very easily offended. This mostly comes up in sibling fights where his older brother teases him. Of course I'm working on getting that behavior to stop but in the meantime every time the 3 years old gets teased he just falls to pieces. Bursts into tears and comes running to me demanding punishment for the latest offensive remark. I tell him to just ignore his brother, walk away and play with something else etc but it doesn't work. How can I teach him to be a little less sensitive?

crust

Post Wed, May 24 2017, 5:25 am
Is he 3 or 30? LOL LOL
We can all use that training.
He's one hundret percent ok to continue doing this. It's great apportunity to teach him how to explorehis feelings.
Did he hurt you? Where do you feel it? What did he say? Do you think its true? You are stronger! Let me show you; fold your hands like this so you look confident and lets practice. I'm your brother now. Look straight into my eyes and Tell me; I am not afraid!! You can say whatever you want!! I am stronger!!

imasinger

Post Wed, May 24 2017, 5:33 am
You might enjoy Adele Farber's classic book, Siblings Without Rivalry.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers