Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
ISO Cossack costume for mitzva tantz for teen boys Bobov Cha
Previous  1  2

Rosemarie

Post Tue, May 23 2017, 2:54 pm
cnc wrote:
I didn't either. I always thought of them as soldiers- are they specifically intended to be Cossacks?

Me neither. I always loved watching The March. To me they just look like soldiers. Every wedding had different costumes, different royal soldiers. (Maybe kinda like soldiers at the changing of the guards or some other parade/March for the royal family. This is royal family for the chassidus after all.) The one linked actually looks kinda like British soldiers to me. Cossacks never even crossed my mind. But now I wonder if hat has anything to do with the origin of the March.

MagentaYenta

Post Tue, May 23 2017, 3:03 pm
There are 11 different 'orders' of cossacks. Orders can be based on geography or fealty. Each order has it's own colors and uniforms. Just google cossack uniforms to get an idea. Most of the cossack outfits we think of or see represented belong to the Don Cossacks. Cossacks at the behest of the tsar killed thousands of Jews during the pogroms.

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, May 23 2017, 4:08 pm
https://youtu.be/0dGRrzcRpbw
This is what I am referring to. It's called
ריקוד הקוזקים
Like hop cossak the lubavich nigun. Its a dance called Cossack Dance and usually a uniform is worn.

DrMom

Post Wed, May 24 2017, 4:25 am
amother wrote:
https://youtu.be/0dGRrzcRpbw
This is what I am referring to. It's called
ריקוד הקוזקים
Like hop cossak the lubavich nigun. Its a dance called Cossack Dance and usually a uniform is worn.

Very entertaining!

But again, why Cossack costumes? Considering the history between Jews and Cossacks, it seems like a very odd choice.

Do you disagree?

Also, are you sure that these are supposed to be Cossack costumes? Usually I associate Cossack costumes with long red coats, swords, and furry caps.

Iymnok

Post Wed, May 24 2017, 5:36 am
If you are looking outside of the frum community, you will have to use other search terms since those uniforms do not represent any Cossack dress. They are more European.
I can tell you what to get for authentic Cossack dress or other historic dress, but you are really looking for cute uniforms for a dance performance.

studying_torah

Post Wed, May 24 2017, 9:56 am
I know nothing about this dance, but the story of hup cossack was where the yid was able to outdance the cossack soldier.
In the video clip, the ppl are singing that they wont be afraid . (Lo yirah libi)
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics