Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Did you see Trump at the Kosel?
Previous  1  2  3  4

moonstone

Post Wed, May 24 2017, 8:53 am
treestump wrote:
This is an open discussion on an open forum.

I'm sorry you got triggered by something here. But don't be as nasty and rude as you claim other posters are.

Triggered??? LOL LOL LOL Oh, that's too funny.

I was actually having a good time, haven't argued with anyone lately, so this was fun. But it's really jumped the shark, so you guys can continue without me or go back to bashing Trump.

SixOfWands

Post Wed, May 24 2017, 8:54 am
wondergirl wrote:
The Liberal Left chanting at protests-- “No borders. No nations. **** deportations!” but it seems like you are not aware of what is going on in America. Or you are in denial about it. Either way, why are illegal aliens above the law?

http://dailycaller.com/2017/01.....ders/

Nice deflection. Nasty personal attack.

The No Borders movement is big in Europe. And some people chanted that in response to Trump's Muslim Ban. But that's not what we're discussing. We are discussing whether there are any politicians seriously calling for an open border with Mexico.

And for everyone to be given welfare.

And for everyone to use drugs.

I'm still waiting for their names.

But, of course, if you want to attribute chants to an entire political movement, let's talk about chants of “Build a wall — kill them all" at Trump rallies. Or "F**k Islam." "F**k those dirty beaners" "F**k that n***ger" These do not describe normative conservative thought, nor do I ascribe them to [many] Republican leaders. But if you want me to discuss "No borders, no nations," I'd like you to discuss why Republicans think these comments are so great.

imasoftov

Post Wed, May 24 2017, 9:20 am
We'd have to increase drug production to make enough for everyone to be on them. I'd leave it up to the free market.

wondergirl

Post Wed, May 24 2017, 9:21 am
SixOfWands wrote:
Nice deflection. Nasty personal attack.

The No Borders movement is big in Europe. And some people chanted that in response to Trump's Muslim Ban. But that's not what we're discussing. We are discussing whether there are any politicians seriously calling for an open border with Mexico.

And for everyone to be given welfare.

And for everyone to use drugs.

I'm still waiting for their names.

But, of course, if you want to attribute chants to an entire political movement, let's talk about chants of “Build a wall — kill them all" at Trump rallies. Or "F**k Islam." "F**k those dirty beaners" "F**k that n***ger" These do not describe normative conservative thought, nor do I ascribe them to [many] Republican leaders. But if you want me to discuss "No borders, no nations," I'd like you to discuss why Republicans think these comments are so great.

You asked for evidence of the people who want open borders, I cited them. Now you are changing the argument/conversation to include politicians and you mention things about republicans which are deflections (that you ironically accused me of doing). Is there a reason why you are doing that?

marina

Post Wed, May 24 2017, 9:30 am
DrMom wrote:
Trump was the first sitting US President to visit the Kotel.

Too bad some people here are so obsessed with hatred that they can't give credit where credit is due.

Did anyone in Obama's or Clinton's administration proclaim on the eve of a visit to Israel that the kotel didn't belong to the Jews? And that's why Netanyahu shouldn't visit the Kotel with the US president? Was that also a special first?

Last edited by marina on Wed, May 24 2017, 9:31 am; edited 1 time in total

SixOfWands

Post Wed, May 24 2017, 9:31 am
wondergirl wrote:
You asked for evidence of the people who want open borders, I cited them. Now you are changing the argument/conversation to include politicians and you mention things about republicans which are deflections (that you ironically accused me of doing). Is there a reason why you are doing that?

You were referring to random people, rather than politicians or other people in power?

Well then yes, there are people who want open borders. And there are people who want to kill all Muslims. And there are people who say the Holocaust never happened. I'm not sure what the point is.

marina

Post Wed, May 24 2017, 9:36 am
SixOfWands wrote:
You were referring to random people, rather than politicians or other people in power?

Well then yes, there are people who want open borders. And there are people who want to kill all Muslims. And there are people who say the Holocaust never happened. I'm not sure what the point is.

Ok, I dk what you don't understand SixofWands. It's you and me. We are the Liberal Left who want to eliminate borders, welcome illegals with open arms, raise taxes on citizens to pay for whatever illegals need and get everyone hooked on drugs. That's us. Stop asking all these questions.

princessleah

Post Wed, May 24 2017, 9:39 am
Side point: many many drugs are legal. And I'd say by definition, most Americans are "on drugs" because of that.
There is a movement to legalize marijuana. Marijuana is less harmful to people than many currently legal drugs, such as opiates and benzos. There is an epidemic of opiate addiction in this country thanks to doctors overprescribing these legal drugs.
De-criminalizing marijuana would have a lot of benefits actually.

SixOfWands

Post Wed, May 24 2017, 9:41 am
marina wrote:
Did anyone in Obama's or Clinton's administration proclaim on the eve of a visit to Israel that the kotel didn't belong to the Jews? And that's why Netanyahu shouldn't visit the Kotel with the US president? Was that also a special first?

Trump also declared that peace between the Israelis and Palestinians "frankly maybe not as difficult as people have thought over the years." “We need two willing parties. We believe Israel is willing, we believe you're [the Palestinians] willing, and if you both are willing, we're going to make a deal." “I can tell you that the Palestinians are ready to reach for peace."

So I guess we have that to look forward to in the next 6 months or so. And I will absolutely credit Trump when he does that, even though he's sure its not that difficult.

wondergirl

Post Wed, May 24 2017, 9:43 am
SixOfWands wrote:

I very clearly said "Many people in America" want these things so not sure why you would think otherwise. These very many people can protest, lobby their politicians, etc to try to get what they want so they potentially have the power to influence the direction, policies, and laws of this country.

SixOfWands

Post Wed, May 24 2017, 9:48 am
princessleah wrote:
Side point: many many drugs are legal. And I'd say by definition, most Americans are "on drugs" because of that.
There is a movement to legalize marijuana. Marijuana is less harmful to people than many currently legal drugs, such as opiates and benzos. There is an epidemic of opiate addiction in this country thanks to doctors overprescribing these legal drugs.
De-criminalizing marijuana would have a lot of benefits actually.

I kind of struggled with that one. I'm on "drugs." For a chronic condition. And I want everyone to be on drugs who needs them for health reasons.

But I don't think that's what she's talking about.

I support the legalization of marijuana. Not because I think that people should smoke it, because I don't. But because not everything I don't want to do, or want my kids to do, should be illegal. As you state, its not been shown to be particularly harmful. And, frankly, we've reached a tipping point where people pretty much ignore the law, and I hate that. I hate kids learning that its OK to break the law.

wondergirl

Post Wed, May 24 2017, 11:36 am
WhatFor wrote:
I was more inspired by the reaction of Israel's ambassador when Trump told them he"just came back from the Middle East." I think it was an "oh no" face cover, gracefully disguised as a hair smoothing. (He's on the right side.)

Trump made a mistake and quickly corrected himself. Scandalous. But it proves that he is human and he should start singing this song every time the media starts attacking him for whatever nonsensical thing he or his wife/family did or didnt do at the moment--

Jeanette

Post Wed, May 24 2017, 11:59 am
He called Comey a nut job. Just a little booboo. I mean, who doesn't toss around a few crude terms here and there when discussing a high ranking government official with foreign diplomats. He probably did it just to make the media go hysterical again.

SixOfWands

Post Wed, May 24 2017, 12:13 pm
Jeanette wrote:
He called Comey a nut job. Just a little booboo. I mean, who doesn't toss around a few crude terms here and there when discussing a high ranking government official with foreign diplomats. He probably did it just to make the media go hysterical again.

He seems to have revealed the location of nuclear subs to Rodrigo Duterte.

And priased Duterte's "drug war." As Duterte himself described it, “Hitler massacred three million Jews [sic], now, there’s three million drug addicts. I’d be happy to slaughter them.” Philippine police have thus far [since last June] killed over 7,000 people, devastated poor areas of Manila and other cities, and used the drug war as a pretext to murder government officials and community leaders. “You are a good man,” Trump told Duterte. "Keep up the good work. You are doing an amazing job.”

MagentaYenta

Post Wed, May 24 2017, 12:28 pm
imasoftov wrote:
We'd have to increase drug production to make enough for everyone to be on them. I'd leave it up to the free market.

Ok I had to laugh. LOL
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics