Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Bobov 45 Have you heard the story in this week Inyan, before
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Bobov 45: do you know who the story in this week's Inyan happened to?
YES  
 23%  [ 15 ]
NO  
 76%  [ 50 ]
Total Votes : 65

amother
Silver

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 11:19 am
Yes r' naftulche was someone very great. dh always tells me how he was quiet but great. unfortunately he suffered a lot. and that story just illustrates of his greatness.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 12:24 pm
amother wrote:
can someone correct me on the question of r' aron twersky? is he the one who does referrals on mental health? not sure if referrals or just knows a lot of that stuff and helps people?

That is his brother, Dr. Abraham J. Twerski.

And, they are nephews of R' Shlomo Bobover. (He was their mother's brother.)

LiLIsraeli

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 1:21 pm
amother wrote:
That is his brother, Dr. Abraham J. Twerski.

And, they are nephews of R' Shlomo Bobover. (He was their mother's brother.)

Also, he doesn't just "know a lot of stuff." He's a very well-respected psychiatrist. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.....erski

amother
Silver

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 5:39 pm
No no, I think you misunderstood who I ment. There is someone by the name rabbi Aron twersky who lives in boro park on 49th st.

He actually referred me to a very good psychiatrist when I wasn't well. Bh I'm doing great. I was wondering how he's related to this twersky were all talking about in this thread.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 5:47 pm
amother wrote:
No no, I think you misunderstood who I ment. There is someone by the name rabbi Aron twersky who lives in boro park on 49th st.

He actually referred me to a very good psychiatrist when I wasn't well. Bh I'm doing great. I was wondering how he's related to this twersky were all talking about in this thread.

I think we are talking about the same person.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 7:42 pm
amother wrote:
can someone correct me on the question of r' aron twersky? is he the one who does referrals on mental health? not sure if referrals or just knows a lot of that stuff and helps people?

I seriously doubt that the college educated R' Aron Twersky who was at one time a Law School dean in Long Island, and then a Law School professor in Brooklyn, refers people to mental health professionals. (See photo below)

https://www.brooklaw.edu/facul.....erski

I believe the Twersky who refers people to professionals is not college educated.

Which Aron Twersky is the one who the Inyan wrote about this past week, who had a daughter and son in law, who had 3 childless children?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 7:51 pm
amother wrote:
I seriously doubt that the college educated R' Aron Twersky who was at one time a Law School dean in Long Island, and then a Law School professor in Brooklyn, refers people to mental health professionals. (See photo below)

https://www.brooklaw.edu/facul.....erski

I believe the Twersky who refers people to professionals is not college educated.

Which Aron Twersky is the one who the Inyan wrote about this past week, who had a daughter and son in law, who had 3 childless children?

The one you posted picture is the one the story is about. Not sure regarding mental health

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, May 16 2017, 5:57 am
Relative amother here again

Just a pet peeve of mine. This Twerski family spells their name with an "I" and not with a "y" at the end.

The original matriarch of the family (who was Reb Shloima's sister) had 5 sons. One of them is the renowned Psychiatrist Rabbi A.J. Twerski. I don't think the person who was asking about referrals was referring to him as he is living in Eretz Yisroel now and only gets involved in select cases. Another son is Rabbi Aaron Twerski, the law professor whose son in law Rabbi Miller is the one that this story is about.

amother
Silver

Post Tue, May 16 2017, 9:55 am
to magenta amother and anyone who knows the twerskis. do you know who I mean? is he part of this family?

im so confused. I am just wondering if the aron twerski from boro park on 49th street is the same one were all talking about. does anyone know if the law professor lives in boro park?

ok, I was not talking about the psychiatrist. I ment aron twerski. the one who did referrals about 10 yrs ago and I dont know if he still does. im wondering if he still does and if he still lives in bp. do you know?

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, May 16 2017, 11:53 am
Cmon be nice wrote:
FYI R Naftuli was rebba before the split so hes equally accepted by ALL Bobov

This.

I didn't read through the whole thread, but I would respectfully ask you to remove 45 from your title.

I happen to belong to bobov 48 but R' Naftuli was our Rebbe long before his son in law and brother split Bobov apart.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, May 16 2017, 12:15 pm
amother wrote:
Relative amother here again

Just a pet peeve of mine. This Twerski family spells their name with an "I" and not with a "y" at the end.

The original matriarch of the family (who was Reb Shloima's sister) had 5 sons. One of them is the renowned Psychiatrist Rabbi A.J. Twerski. I don't think the person who was asking about referrals was referring to him as he is living in Eretz Yisroel now and only gets involved in select cases. Another son is Rabbi Aaron Twerski, the law professor whose son in law Rabbi Miller is the one that this story is about.

Actually, some Twerskis spell with an "I" (The Milwaukee-Horsteipel mishpacha, whom you are referring to.) Others spell it with a "Y". (I think the Skverer Twersky's are with a Y but I could be mistaken.)

And thank you for clarifying whose SIL Miller is.

amother
Silver

Post Tue, May 16 2017, 12:15 pm
if you dont like what you read then dont open the thread. or better yet dont respond. this is not about the politics. it was an innocent question and were talking about other stuff now. so please keep this civil.

amother
Silver

Post Tue, May 16 2017, 12:17 pm
amother wrote:
to magenta amother and anyone who knows the twerskis. do you know who I mean? is he part of this family?

im so confused. I am just wondering if the aron twerski from boro park on 49th street is the same one were all talking about. does anyone know if the law professor lives in boro park?

ok, I was not talking about the psychiatrist. I ment aron twerski. the one who did referrals about 10 yrs ago and I dont know if he still does. im wondering if he still does and if he still lives in bp. do you know?

im gonna put this thread back on track. so anyone that can clarify I would appreciate. it

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, May 16 2017, 12:34 pm
amother wrote:
im gonna put this thread back on track. so anyone that can clarify I would appreciate. it

Yes, Aron twerski, the law professor lives in bp

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, May 16 2017, 4:20 pm
amother wrote:
Actually, some Twerskis spell with an "I" (The Milwaukee-Horsteipel mishpacha, whom you are referring to.) Others spell it with a "Y". (I think the Skverer Twersky's are with a Y but I could be mistaken.)

And thank you for clarifying whose SIL Miller is.

That is why I said "this" Twerski family. Although they are all related way back when in Europe, this Twerski family that ended up in America before the war and had these 5 sons, spells their name with an "I". They others spell it with a "y".

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, May 23 2017, 8:56 pm
im not a bobover family but I can tell you I was there by his kever during the winter. my husband met some1 from lakewood there who didn't have any kids for many yrs. he came to daven there he said his wife became pregnant right afterwards.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, May 23 2017, 9:00 pm
amother wrote:
im not a bobover family but I can tell you I was there by his kever during the winter. my husband met some1 from lakewood there who didn't have any kids for many yrs. he came to daven there he said his wife became pregnant right afterwards.

Wow! Thanks for sharing!

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, May 24 2017, 9:26 pm
amother wrote:

Do these Nisim mostly occur to people who come to daven there on Lag BaOmer, or throughout the year as well?

amother
Ivory

Post Sat, Dec 29 2018, 3:23 pm
crust wrote:
Is anyone here interested in a story about R' Naftule? To me it was fascinating but Its a little bit long to post without knowing if there's clientele for it...

I know it's an old thread but just came across it. Crust, a few women answered they'd like to hear the story. Mind sharing?

crust

Post Sat, Dec 29 2018, 4:45 pm
amother wrote:
I know it's an old thread but just came across it. Crust, a few women answered they'd like to hear the story. Mind sharing?

Lol
I remember typing it up then somehow losing it before I hit submit.
I will do it bli neder do it when I sit down to my computer.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics