Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Passaic or Far Rockaway Area

amother
Gold

Post Thu, May 25 2017, 10:45 am
Dh finished school and it looks like he has two job offers. One offer it would make sense to move to Passaic and the other one the Far Rockaway area. The Far Rockaway job starts off paying 10k and its a bigger company so probably more room for growth. I would describe my family as open minded yeshivish. I am by no means fancy though and we are BH managing but are far wealthy. I have no family or friends in either place so that is not a factor. Any thoughts.......

doctorima

Post Thu, May 25 2017, 12:01 pm
I assume you meant the FR job pays 10k more, not a total of 10k. 10k more plus room for growth is definitely nice, but it's only worth it if you're happy there. The FR community does have a lot of overlap with and exposure to the Lawrence and 5T crowd, so you do need to be prepared for that. Passaic is definitely simpler and less materialistic. Could you go visit each community for a Shabbos/weekend to see some shuls, schools, and Sunday park scenes to see where you feel more comfortable?

gold21

Post Thu, May 25 2017, 12:08 pm
Both really are very nice communities.

Consider housing prices and cost of living. If you could go to each community for a Shabbos, that would give you a better idea.... Any acquaintances at all that could host you? They don't have to be your friends. People do this type of thing, they'll host random people who are looking to move to the area. Don't be shy to ask.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating