Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
What's your funny, embarrassing or laugh out loud story?

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Apr 05 2016, 4:42 pm
I'm feeling stressed and so are we all with Pesach looming ahead. Let's share some stories to make us laugh a little.

A few weeks ago, my DH called me that he was a minute away from picking me up from work. I come downstairs and I see he's parked in front of my office. I open the door and notice some cables and wires on my seat , which I found a bit out of character for my neat freak DH. I just pushed the cables onto the floor to make place for me. As I was getting in I started talking asking him if he picked up my son. I shut the door and suddenly I see that a scary looking Puerto Rican guy with his cap on sideways gangster style is sitting next to me! He yells at me "What the #$&@"? I freaked, jumped out of the car and mumbled "Im so sorry, I thought this was my car" ...He could not figure out what had just happened...that second my DH showed up...they both drive silver Nissans...complete different models, but what do I know.
I still feel bad I never picked up all those cables I tossed on the floor.... Very Happy

Notsobusy

Post Tue, Apr 05 2016, 6:08 pm
We had a similar, but opposite, story. I parked on a busy street, my 4 year old daughter was on the passenger side of the car, she opened her door and was about to get out of the car, while I was getting out on the street side. All of the sudden these two women started coming into her door. She screamed and slammed the door. They started giggling and speaking in Spanish to each other, and I realized they must have been waiting for a ride in a similar minivan.

Notsobusy

Post Tue, Apr 05 2016, 6:12 pm
I recently had a funny story at work. A saleswoman came in and was waiting for my boss in my office. She asked me to put her necklace on her, she said she had taken it off for a medical test and can't do the latch by herself, and she was afraid she would lose it. I felt a little funny doing that for a stranger, I'm the type - you don't touch me and I won't touch you, but I felt uncomfortable saying no.

Of course my boss walked in at the exact moment when I was standing behind her with my arms around her neck. You had to see the look on his face, he stopped short and did not know where to put himself.

Coffee Addict

Post Tue, Apr 05 2016, 7:04 pm
Bizzydizzymommy wrote:
I'm feeling stressed and so are we all with Pesach looming ahead. Let's share some stories to make us laugh a little.

A few weeks ago, my DH called me that he was a minute away from picking me up from work. I come downstairs and I see he's parked in front of my office. I open the door and notice some cables and wires on my seat , which I found a bit out of character for my neat freak DH. I just pushed the cables onto the floor to make place for me. As I was getting in I started talking asking him if he picked up my son. I shut the door and suddenly I see that a scary looking Puerto Rican guy with his cap on sideways gangster style is sitting next to me! He yells at me "What the #$&@"? I freaked, jumped out of the car and mumbled "Im so sorry, I thought this was my car" ...He could not figure out what had just happened...that second my DH showed up...they both drive silver Nissans...complete different models, but what do I know.
I still feel bad I never picked up all those cables I tossed on the floor.... Very Happy

This story is not even funny at all, rather scary! I'm glad it turned out just a mistake, and everything is fine, but For a good laugh I want to read more funny and easy stories!! Smile

sleepybeauty

Post Tue, Apr 05 2016, 7:40 pm
I was babysitting once in high school and had to use the bathroom. When I tried to open the door to leave, I realized the handle was broken and I was stuck. I had left my phone outside and couldn't reach anyone. I spent the next 2 (!) hours trying to get the door open with bobby pins, memorizing the tile pattern and practicing towel folding. B"H the baby slept the whole time and didn't need me.
The wife finally came home and was on the phone with her husband (who was waiting in the car with his friend and my sister who had babysat for the friend) when she heard me calling her to open the bathroom door lol. They all had a nice laugh when I got to the car. I babysat again for them the following night, and they made sure to point out where the other bathroom was embarrassed

I now make sure to always bring a phone into the bathroom just in case.

Tzutzie

Post Tue, Apr 05 2016, 10:58 pm
sleepybeauty wrote:
I was babysitting once in high school and had to use the bathroom. When I tried to open the door to leave, I realized the handle was broken and I was stuck. I had left my phone outside and couldn't reach anyone. I spent the next 2 (!) hours trying to get the door open with bobby pins, memorizing the tile pattern and practicing towel folding. B"H the baby slept the whole time and didn't need me.
The wife finally came home and was on the phone with her husband (who was waiting in the car with his friend and my sister who had babysat for the friend) when she heard me calling her to open the bathroom door lol. They all had a nice laugh when I got to the car. I babysat again for them the following night, and they made sure to point out where the other bathroom was embarrassed

I now make sure to always bring a phone into the bathroom just in case.

My sils sister had that. Her baby opened a drawer in the vanity and she couldn't open the door. Her husband want expected till a good few hours later. She tried talking to a nonverbal baby/toddler to clear the drawer. She yelled hoping the neighbor will hear. She was so desperate to get out with her baby unattended that she BROKE down the door.....

Ashrei

Post Wed, Apr 06 2016, 12:53 am
Loved your story OP! Beats mine but here goes:

(We live in Brooklyn.)

DG drove me to DS's siddur play. We needed to drop off DS, which meant we had to double park and block the road. DH was driving, and I was trying to direct him. "Move over more. No, pull over there. We're still in the way, pull over more! Look, there's a pump there, let's pull over there!"

DH was a little exacerbated at that point and said, "Fine!!! Jeeze!" We pulled over by the pump.

I noticed that the car parked in front of us was parked a bit out of wack and even had 2 wheel on the curb. "Hey," I said to DH, "what happened to THAT car?"

DH replied, "His wife must have been telling him how to park!!!"

little_mage

Post Wed, Apr 06 2016, 7:05 am
For context, we're a second floor apartment with our own entrance, so our door basically opens on to the stairs. When dd was a newborn, one night I went out to pick up laundry. There's a room in the building, but you have to go outside to get to it. Well, for whatever reason, the door locked behind me. DH was home but had already gone to sleep. In order to get back in, I wound up having to bang on my downstairs neighbor's ceiling with a broom! To avoid that happening again, I now keep an apartment key with the laundry room key...

greenfire

Post Wed, Apr 06 2016, 4:02 pm
wonder why bumping into a puerto rican was so scary ... did he have horns ?!

he should have been more scared of you cause you got into his car ~ BOO !!!

& yes I do find the story quite FUNny aside from that comment

tichellady

Post Wed, Apr 06 2016, 6:16 pm
I have tons of stories here are two that come to mind right now

1. The time I went into the wrong parked car at work and left my sweater in it ( I thought it was my car and either my Keys opened it or it was unlocked). I wonder what the owner of the car thought about the gray sweater on the passengers seat.

2. I thought I texted a friend who had a baby to see if I could bring a meal and see a pic of the baby. Really I texted someone I interned for in college who I have not spoken with in at least 5 years who actually just had a baby. I realized that I was talking to the wrong person when she told me her son's name which was very Christian and I was like, " wait who am I actually talking to?" This whole story actually occurred during the course of many days of weird text messages

lech lecha08

Post Thu, Apr 07 2016, 10:08 am
tichellady wrote:
I have tons of stories here are two that come to mind right now

2. I thought I texted a friend who had a baby to see if I could bring a meal and see a pic of the baby. Really I texted someone I interned for in college who I have not spoken with in at least 5 years who actually just had a baby. I realized that I was talking to the wrong person when she told me her son's name which was very Christian and I was like, " wait who am I actually talking to?" This whole story actually occurred during the course of many days of weird text messages

This reminds me of once when my grandmother was in the hospital and I called her. I thought her voice sounded strange but hey, she obviously wasn't feeling well. We chatted about some general topics for a few minutes and then she said about "Grandpop" and my grandfather had passed away 5 or 6 years ago. I realized I had the wrong elderly lady.

greenfire

Post Thu, Apr 07 2016, 10:19 am
http://www.wmur.com/national/w.....34354

cute story made the news ~ after receiving a text meant for someone else about having a baby - these strangers brought the new parents some diapers, bottles & pacifiers & went to see the new mom with her baby

blossoming flower

Post Thu, May 25 2017, 11:51 am
Bump! These threads always give me a laugh, and I could use some entertainment on this rainy dreary day!

Blue jay

Post Thu, May 25 2017, 2:00 pm
Here is a recent story as told by my ds age 11.

He was on a class trip at a historical site and there were guides dressed as characters from the past.
One guide was dressed in a hoop skirt, bonnet and all and was just standing very still.
My son curious, thought this person was a mannequin and stared back making a strange face.
(probably to amuse himself and friends)

When he came close to the "Mannequin" he heard her say "Well, hello there!" Then he jumped and screamed then remembered his manners and said "Oh, hello!"
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics