Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Kraft Shake N Bake Clone Recipe

Amarante

Post Thu, May 25 2017, 1:15 pm
Why not make your own Shake n Bake. Much cheaper.

Excerpt From: Todd Wilbur. “Super Duper Totally Authorized Top Secret Recipes eBook: 450 of Todd's Amazing Original Recipes for Cloning America's Favorite Brand-Name Foods.

Kraft Shake ‘N Bake

Here’s the TSR solution for a quick clone that will give you the same texture and flavor of Kraft Shaken Bake using common ingredients. Use this breading on 2 ½ pounds of chicken pieces or on 2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breasts just as you would the real thing.

½ cup plus 1 tablespoon corn flake crumbs
2 teaspoon all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon paprika
¼ teaspoon sugar
scant ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
scant ¼ teaspoon onion powder

1. Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and stir to combine.

2. Prepare chicken following the same technique as described on the box of the original mix using 2 ½ lbs. of bone-in chicken (6 to 8 pieces, with or without skin) or 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast halves. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F, then moisten the chicken with water. Use a large plastic bag for the coating and use the same steps as described on the original package:

Shake moistened chicken, 1 to 2 pieces at a time, in shaker bag with coating mixture. Discard any remaining mixture and bag. Bake at 400 degrees F in ungreased or foil-lined 15x10x1-inch baking pan until cooked through. BONE-IN: 45 minutes/BONELESS: 20 minutes.”

Serves 4.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, May 25 2017, 2:37 pm
Can you find me a recipe for Kraft Macaroni and Cheese?

I'm craving trashy mac & cheese from a box, and apparently that isn't a thing in Israel.

Sometimes I can find kosher WackyMac, but it's imported from the US, and costs a fortune! No way am I paying basically $5.00 a box for that, especially since I'm really craving the Kraft brand.

If you can find it, I'd be one happy BT!

Amarante

Post Thu, May 25 2017, 2:41 pm
To actually replicate it, you would have to buy powdered cheese which really exists and they sell kosher varieties in the internet. The boxes all use powdered cheese like the stuff on Cheetos. Also good on popcorn.

Otherwise, all versions are going to use variants of melted cheese. I have read that Velveeta is pretty trashy bit I've never eaten it so I have no idea.

Amarante

Post Thu, May 25 2017, 3:20 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Can you find me a recipe for Kraft Macaroni and Cheese?

I'm craving trashy mac & cheese from a box, and apparently that isn't a thing in Israel.

Sometimes I can find kosher WackyMac, but it's imported from the US, and costs a fortune! No way am I paying basically $5.00 a box for that, especially since I'm really craving the Kraft brand.

If you can find it, I'd be one happy BT!

I posted a clone recipe using powdered cheese in the Dairy section.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, May 25 2017, 3:30 pm
Amarante wrote:
To actually replicate it, you would have to buy powdered cheese which really exists and they sell kosher varieties in the internet. The boxes all use powdered cheese like the stuff on Cheetos. Also good on popcorn.

Otherwise, all versions are going to use variants of melted cheese. I have read that Velveeta is pretty trashy bit I've never eaten it so I have no idea.

Velveta, melted with a jar of spicy salsa and a handful of cheddar, makes the BEST trailer trash nachos. Sadly, Velveta is not a thing here, either. I forgot to pick some up the last time I was in the US.

Any idea where I could find powdered cheese that is CY? DH won't eat OU-D. Otherwise, any kosher powdered cheese would be great.

Oh, how I miss Cheetos! (I like the crunch ones, not the poofy ones.) Albertsons used to carry a store brand of them that was OU-D, and they were every bit as good as the brand name ones. Albertsons went out of business a few years ago though, and I haven't seen them since.

"Cheetos" in Israel are disgusting! The corn stick base is the same, but they have this weird, sweet and spicy BBQ, but not quite, kind of thing, with a metallic after taste.

I call this stuff "period food". I guess at my age, I need to start calling it "menopause food"! LOL

Amarante

Post Thu, May 25 2017, 3:33 pm
Sorry I have no ideas where to find. But it's a mix so can't you get it just for yourself? It's also good on popcorn.

I only found kosher which is good enough for me. LOL

Amarante

Post Thu, May 25 2017, 3:34 pm
Amarante wrote:
Sorry I have no ideas where to find. But it's a mix so can't you get it just for yourself? It's also good on popcorn.

I only found kosher which is good enough for me. LOL

Is Kraft CY?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey