Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Fake news

amother
Lavender

Post Fri, May 26 2017, 11:00 am
I enjoy visiting this site several timed a day. I love participating in a good heated thread with respectful posters debating a point. I don't know why but very often I read a thread about some incredible injustice does against the op and I find myself thinking that I'm sure there are 2 sides to the story and the op is just leaving out info or slanting the story in her favor. It's like when my 10 year son comes home and tells me his rebbe kicked him out. The following conversation follows:

Me: why did rebbe kick you out?
Son: no reason I was listening and doing my work.
Me: it's odd rebbe would send you out for absolutely no reason.
Son: I know.

So obviously when I hear this I figure there's more to the story. Sometimes I see posters here making claims that appear so one sided it seems ridiculous. Of course there's no way for any of us to know if it's a troll, exaggeration, or just leaving out a fact or 2. Either way I'm surprised that some of these threads take off and get pages worth of responses. I personally can't get into it that much because I feel the story is probably not accurate.

youngishbear

Post Fri, May 26 2017, 1:22 pm
I hear your point.

In some cases it doesn't matter what the other side is. "My husband forced himself onto me last night even when I said no" - that's rape. I don't care why the guy did it when I inform the woman on here that she does not have to allow herself to be victimized this way.

In other cases, the OP is deliberately leaving out information. She is likely not ready or interested in hearing other perspectives.

But very often posters are told to think about the other person's point of view.

Besides, this is the internet. It's not supposed to be professional advice. I hope no one takes it as such.

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, May 26 2017, 1:27 pm
I answer based on the poster. If she's not telling the truth then she knows it. What difference does it make to me?

I actually find the people who doubt every poster and give a cross examination very annoying.

greenfire

Post Fri, May 26 2017, 1:35 pm
who knows what is true here ... I would hope we are not all falling for the troll that said her baby died & we all had so much empathy it left many a poster distraught

on the flip side ~ you don't have to get so enmeshed in every thread ... post or don't post & move on

someone might get good use with the information

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, May 26 2017, 1:36 pm
greenfire wrote:
who knows what is true here ... I would hope we are not all falling for the troll that said her baby died & we all had so much empathy it left many a poster distraught

on the flip side ~ you don't have to get so enmeshed in every thread ... post or don't post & move on

someone might get good use with the information

Did someone really do that?

greenfire

Post Fri, May 26 2017, 2:03 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
Did someone really do that?

yup ~ quite some years ago ...first said her baby was sick - then said she died - then we found out it was a single person & a troll [somehow yael checked the IP] it was insane!!!

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Fri, May 26 2017, 2:14 pm
It goes both ways. If every post was here just to get help, then responses should not be asking for more information or attacking posters. This website is for entertainment purposes. It is not meant for anything else. Keep that in mind every time you log on and you will save yourself a lot of grief.

That is not to say that I have never gotten support, or hurt, or taken things too seriously. It just helps put things into perspective.

It is the Internet.

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, May 26 2017, 2:28 pm
greenfire wrote:
yup ~ quite some years ago ...first said her baby was sick - then said she died - then we found out it was a single person & a troll [somehow yael checked the IP] it was insane!!!

That's awful. I don't take anything to seriously, but that's really cruel.

greenfire

Post Fri, May 26 2017, 2:51 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
That's awful. I don't take anything to seriously, but that's really cruel.

same here ~ it crosses the boundary of basic mentschlichkeit

my coats really a sheitel
my girl is really a boy ... to hide true identity is one thing

amother
Aqua

Post Fri, May 26 2017, 2:55 pm
greenfire wrote:
same here ~ it crosses the boundary of basic mentschlichkeit

my coats really a sheitel
my girl is really a boy ... to hide true identity is one thing

Thanks greenfire. I was wracking my brain what a coat can be. Lol I guess I can order one from her and business can begin to flourish dil or not!

Sake

Post Fri, May 26 2017, 3:08 pm
I get what you're saying, and feel you are most likely correct in most cases, however, I answer the question or give my opinion based on the face value of the post. I find the wheat separates pretty quickly from the shaft once a reply indicates the OP may not be entirely in the right. A genuine OP tends to handle constructive feed back a little better than one that may have left out some details that may not leave her in the best light.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics