Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
How many school uniforms should I buy?
Previous  1  2

nylon

Post Sat, May 27 2017, 11:00 pm
It also depends how sloppy you are. My kids have magnetic powers with their lunches. For blouse and skirt I would try to have 5 blouses, preferably six. If I only had 2-3 blouses I could guarantee I'd be doing laundry almost every day. Jumpers are a bit more expensive but I'd still try for 3 minimum.

shnitzel

Post Sun, May 28 2017, 12:13 am
My kids have 2 shirts and 2 jumpers and one sweater and their uniforms are washed before each wear but we do laundry frequently.

salt

Post Sun, May 28 2017, 3:51 am
63 wrote:
Hi,

My daughter is going into pre-1a in the fall and will be wearing school uniforms for the first time.

I never had them as a kid and I have no idea how many is normal to buy.

Currently I change her clothing every day and we do laundry around every 8 days. Her clothes get messy every day.

How many uniforms do most people buy for a 5 year old? And with the hooded sweatshirts, how many of those?

Thanks!

No need to ask really. You can do the calculation yourself. School 5 days a week. Laundry once every 8 days (~ once a week). Clothes get dirty every day. So that means about 5 of everything.

I buy my kids 2 skirts, 3 shirts and 2 sweaters. I do laundry every day. They change shirts every day, and skirts usually once a week, unless they get something particularly dirty on them.

I find school uniform is great Smile Until you reach the summer holidays and discover your kids don't have enough regular clothes to wear!

Iymnok

Post Sun, May 28 2017, 5:14 am
The girls here wear uniforms from first grade. Our school has a specific shirt and any navy skirt. We have gotten lots of hand-me-down skirt. I buy three uniform shirts plus one white one for rosh chodesh. My girls know that each shirt is expected to last two days and its worth changing when they come home. I always make sure that there is at least one spare shirt at all times.
Right now DD has only one shirt since her other ones got holes. I do a quick load twice a week so she always has a clean shirt. But I don't want to buy another when school is out so soon.
We have school on Sundays here.

salt

Post Sun, May 28 2017, 5:24 am
Iymnok wrote:

Right now DD has only one shirt since her other ones got holes. I do a quick load twice a week so she always has a clean shirt. But I don't want to buy another when school is out so soon.
We have school on Sundays here.

Why not buy one now and continue using it next year? Unless she's in 8th grade and leaving the school. If you buy it in June, it will still fit her in September surely!

Iymnok

Post Sun, May 28 2017, 3:08 pm
salt wrote:
Why not buy one now and continue using it next year? Unless she's in 8th grade and leaving the school. If you buy it in June, it will still fit her in September surely!

They aren't available now. this one was outgrown by a neighbor. The sale is a week before school starts. Don't worry about it. It doesn't bother me. Either way it seems that every other day they have to wear white anyway.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics