Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
Work at home from Israel

amother
Coffee

Post Fri, May 26 2017, 2:51 pm
I'm looking into making aliyah. I'm just wondering, are there any women in Israel out there that are working from home? could you share what exactly you do? how difficult is it to find a work at home job in Israel? how's the pay? I'm also interested if anyone knows of companies from the US that allows you to work from home in Israel. I could do administrative assistant work, data entry customer service or anything like that... I'm good with computers. I could also try sales (but don't have experience).

amother
Crimson

Post Sat, May 27 2017, 11:44 am
There is a lot of work from home work in Israel. Some people get jobs for US companies. I'm not sure if it's always above-board that the employee is in Israel. But I'm sure it often is. I also know of a lot of sales and call center type jobs, that specifically hire English speakers who live in Israel. And I'm sure there are regular Israeli remote opportunities, too. In short, it's done. But I'm not the person to tell you how to find that job 😃

amother
White

Post Sat, May 27 2017, 12:20 pm
I know people who do it. Just keep in mind that the hours are then often US hours - e.g. you start working right around the time you are supposed to be picking up your kids from school and work until midnight. So it's not for everyone.

amother
cornflower

Post Sat, May 27 2017, 1:29 pm
25-35 shekels per hour usually. It is possible, but it's hard work and the pay is low.

amother
Gold

Post Sat, May 27 2017, 2:56 pm
Starting salary at the company I work for is $11 an hour.
It's American hours - starting in the afternoon.

amother
Orange

Post Sat, May 27 2017, 10:45 pm
amother wrote:
Starting salary at the company I work for is $11 an hour.
It's American hours - starting in the afternoon.
Im a different amother. Ive been in israel for a long time. Ive always looked for these sorts of jobs. Never really found any. Can I ask? How did you find such a job? And how do you do such a job if you have kids?

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, May 28 2017, 4:26 am
How does one go about finding such jobs? Are there online sites that posts jobs like this?
TIA

queenert

Post Sun, May 28 2017, 4:44 am
Oorah (Kars4Kids) seems to always be hiring.
Or you can find on community bulletins/email lists.

Tel Tzion Ima

Post Sun, May 28 2017, 5:56 am
I work for TAB Services, which hires several times a year. It's legal transcription. Pay is $1 per page. TAB is incorporated in Israel, so the work is on the books with a tlush, full benefits including paid sick days, vacation days, bonuses, a pension plan, etc. It's full-time, flexible hours. TAB Services

If you have experience as an admin assistant, you can try Virtual Assistants Israel.
They pay around $10 an hour. Also incorporated in Israel,
full benefits, somewhat flexible hours, although a certain amount of work does have to be done during US business hours and I do believe you need an American number,
but I'm not 100% sure.
Virtual Assistants Israel

You can find a lot of job listings on Janglo. Janglo

Smile1234

Post Sun, May 28 2017, 9:24 am
Been on the search for something that pays minimum $15 an hour for over 6 months now and haven't yet come across it. Its definitely not easy to find. Its not necessarily easy to get a job at the low paying places either, but they do exist. If you have a good resume and skill set you may get better responses than if you are new to the work force...

Happydance

Post Sun, May 28 2017, 9:54 am
Id say to look for something in the states and ask them if it would be transferable to Israel

amother
Gray

Post Sun, May 28 2017, 10:58 am
Tel Tzion Ima wrote:
I work for TAB Services, which hires several times a year. It's legal transcription. Pay is $1 per page. TAB is incorporated in Israel, so the work is on the books with a tlush, full benefits including paid sick days, vacation days, bonuses, a pension plan, etc. It's full-time, flexible hours. TAB Services

I also work for TAB and the pay depends on what kind of jobs you do. I often get 1.25-1.45 a page

Tel Tzion Ima

Post Sun, May 28 2017, 12:00 pm
amother wrote:
I also work for TAB and the pay depends on what kind of jobs you do. I often get 1.25-1.45 a page

Can you PM me?

amother
Plum

Post Sun, May 28 2017, 12:17 pm
Smile1234 wrote:
Been on the search for something that pays minimum $15 an hour for over 6 months now and haven't yet come across it. Its definitely not easy to find. Its not necessarily easy to get a job at the low paying places either, but they do exist. If you have a good resume and skill set you may get better responses than if you are new to the work force...

I hate to say it but I highly doubt you'll find $15 an hour paying job here. If say $12/$13 is the highest you can get...

I applied and was accepted to kars for kids but didn't end up taking the job because the hours were too intense for me. Every single day from 8 till midnight and motzei shabbos from when shabbos is over until 1 or 2 am. No thanks.

amother
Orange

Post Sun, May 28 2017, 1:01 pm
Tel Tzion Ima wrote:
But my question is, how long does it take to do one page? meaning can someone do 50 pages in a day? Thats not all that much money in thelong run, is it?

Tel Tzion Ima

Post Sun, May 28 2017, 10:18 pm
amother wrote:
But my question is, how long does it take to do one page? meaning can someone do 50 pages in a day? Thats not all that much money in the long run, is it?

I do an average of 50 pages per day. I type around 10-12 pages per hour.
I do the bulk of my work while my kids are in school and then rest gets done here and there.
My salary is comparable to minimum wage, which is what many Israeli women in my neighborhood earn at their jobs, which are out of the house. I have the flexibility to work from home and choose my hours. I've yet to come across another work-from-home, entry-level job that pays as well that doesn't require working US hours or that offers the benefits of full-time employment.

amother
Orange

Post Sun, May 28 2017, 10:23 pm
Tel Tzion Ima wrote:
I do an average of 50 pages per day. I type around 10-12 pages per hour.
I do the bulk of my work while my kids are in school and then rest gets done here and there.
My salary is comparable to minimum wage, which is what many Israeli women in my neighborhood earn at their jobs, which are out of the house. I have the flexibility to work from home and choose my hours. I've yet to come across another work-from-home, entry-level job that pays as well that doesn't require working US hours or that offers the benefits of full-time employment.
So, if you type quickly then this job might be worth it. If you dont, this job cant possibly be worth it, monetarily.

Tel Tzion Ima

Post Sun, May 28 2017, 10:25 pm
amother wrote:
So, if you type quickly then this job might be worth it. If you dont, this job cant possibly be worth it, monetarily.

You have to be able to type a minimum of 50 words per minute as one of the job requirements.

aussie2

Post Sun, May 28 2017, 10:50 pm
As others have said there are some jobs in which you have to work U.S. hours and others that you can do most of the work in the morning and then some work in the evening during U.S. hours (you generally also need a DSL/american phone line..)
The pay is not great ranging from 8-12 dollars an hour starting salary..

If you would be able to take a job with you from the states to Israel (work remotely) that would probably pay the best. (I have a few friends that did that and they make nicely.. but they were working for those U.S. companies for a couple of years before they moved to Israel and the company didn't want to lose a great worker..)

you can find these jobs on Janglo or local nishei emails..
Hatzlacha!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers