Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
Looking for a great basic cheesecake recipe

yogabird

Post Sun, May 28 2017, 9:10 pm
Doesn't need to be diet, fat free or sugar free, but health-conscious is preferable.Like farmer cheese and greek yogurt rather than tons of cream cheese and sour cream, but okay to have some of those, and not too much sugar. Easy to make with an immersion blender and one bowl.

Bonus points for a super simple almond flour crust recipes, and ideas for easy toppings that are gluten free and health-conscious (not full of sugar).

Thanks!

agreer

Post Sun, May 28 2017, 9:32 pm
No offense but this is NOT a basic cheesecake recipe you are looking for...

jewwoman

Post Mon, May 29 2017, 12:48 am
yogabird wrote:
Doesn't need to be diet, fat free or sugar free, but health-conscious is preferable.Like farmer cheese and greek yogurt rather than tons of cream cheese and sour cream, but okay to have some of those, and not too much sugar. Easy to make with an immersion blender and one bowl.

Bonus points for a super simple almond flour crust recipes, and ideas for easy toppings that are gluten free and health-conscious (not full of sugar).

Thanks!

I made a super simple one yesterday ans and it came out yum. Having never made cheesecake before I would definitely make it again. I didnt even use an electric beater I used a whisk (non electric) It worked rly well. All in one bowl...amazing quick easy and yummy.

2 pkg. (8 oz. each) Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
1 ready-to-use graham cracker crumb crust (6 oz.)

Heat oven to 325°F.
Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with mixer until blended. Add eggs; beat just until blended.
Pour into crust.
Bake 40 min. or until center is almost set. Cool. Refrigerate 3 hours.

It took 10mins to put together and then abt 40mins to bake. I got it from this website
http://www.kraftrecipes.com/re......aspx

yogabird

Post Mon, May 29 2017, 4:40 am
Agreer, I'm honestly confused. Why is what I'm looking for not basic?

skee

Post Mon, May 29 2017, 8:00 am
yogabird wrote:
Agreer, I'm honestly confused. Why is what I'm looking for not basic?

I am guessing agreer meant that most "basic" cheesecakes recipes have 4 or 5 ingredients, with cream cheese and sugar as the main ingredients, and look something like what jewwoman posted above. Once you add things like greek yogurt or almond flour it does not meet many people's definition of "basic." Maybe change your thread title to something like "Looking for great easy, health-conscious cheesecake recipe."
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics