Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
Low-fat, low carb(ish) shavuos recipes

lucky14

Post Sun, May 28 2017, 9:46 pm
Looking for low-fat Shavuos recipes without any noodles or other carby things (plant carbs are fine- so potatoes or squash is OK). Something other then salads. Dairy or parve.

tichellady

Post Sun, May 28 2017, 9:50 pm
http://www.skinnytaste.com/zuc.....ccio/

lucky14

Post Mon, May 29 2017, 7:52 am
thanks. any other ideas?

turca

Post Mon, May 29 2017, 9:25 am
Fettuccini alfredo out of zucchini noodles, google for recipies

ra_mom

Post Mon, May 29 2017, 1:16 pm
Cauliflower "rice"
Zucchini spaghetti salad
Butternut squash fries or salad

You said plant based carbs are ok?
Baby red potatoes
Vegetable rice
Mushroom barley

sbs

Post Mon, May 29 2017, 2:07 pm
zucchini boats

cook zucchini in water for a few minutes
scoop out flesh, saute with onion, tomato, mushroom
add salt, garlic
spoon back into zucchini,
sprinkle cheese
bake 10 min

eggplant parmesan

lightly sprinkle crumbs on eggplant so not too much carbs and bake instead of fry

crustless quiche

lucky14

Post Mon, May 29 2017, 3:00 pm
I've made some of these suggestions before, but didn't think about making them for Shavuos. I like the cauliflower rice and zucchini boats idea. Thanks for helping me out Smile

btw I've made zucchini alfredo and it was SO yummy but not sure it would hold up so well if not eaten right away. Has anyone had experience with eating it the day after it was made?

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, May 29 2017, 4:52 pm
Crustless quiche, just make sure you butter the pan well before you pour the egg mixture in. Add cheese and/or veggies in whatever amount and combo you like.
------------------------------------
Eggplant lasagna. Peel and slice the eggplant in thin slabs, and use them instead of noodles. Layer with low fat ricotta or small curd cottage cheese, jar of spaghetti sauce, sliced mushrooms, mozarella or havarti (or in Israel, haloumi or bulgari), and sprinkle Parmesan on top.

If you want to make sure it has some body to it, you can add just a bit of brown rice pasta to the bottom layers, to soak up the extra juice.

If you want to go the extra mile, oven roast the eggplant first. It will add an amazing depth of flavor. You'll be glad you did.

Bake for one hour, just make sure the top doesn't burn. You want the cheese melty and brown, but not black. LOL (speaking from experience. embarrassed )
Easy peasy mushroom soup. 2 cartons of mushrooms, sliced thin. 3 cups of milk. Simmer them together for an hour, don't let it overboil. Add a carton on sour cream, some fried onions, or some onion soup mix (taste to make sure it's not too salty.) If you really want to be decadent, add some heavy cream, too.

So, that's what I'm serving, with a green salad. Fruit for dessert.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals