Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Soup
Chicken soup question

rachaelle

Post Mon, May 29 2017, 12:12 pm
I am making chicken soup for shabbos now because I am going away for Shavuos and will be back right before shabbos. If I freeze the soup with the soup veggies, and then reheat on Friday, will it will taste good? Will the veggies be soggy? Is there a specific way to freeze? Thanks!!

Also I am making a brisket now and freezing- when is a good time to slice? Before freezing or after I rewarm on Friday?

bsy

Post Mon, May 29 2017, 12:23 pm
Vegetables will be fine. Just don't freeze potato.

Cool the meat in the fridge and then slice and freeze.

chaya35

Post Mon, May 29 2017, 12:27 pm
I find the vegatables dont freeze well. I freeze the soup and then when I warm it up I put in carrots and squash.

Meat will only slice nice if it is cold.

rachaelle

Post Mon, May 29 2017, 12:28 pm
bsy wrote:
Vegetables will be fine. Just don't freeze potato.

Cool the meat in the fridge and then slice and freeze.

Thank you! I'm cooking the veggies for shorter time than usual so they dont fall apart. Hopefully they will freeze well

rachaelle

Post Mon, May 29 2017, 12:29 pm
chaya35 wrote:
I find the vegatables dont freeze well. I freeze the soup and then when I warm it up I put in carrots and squash.

Meat will only slice nice if it is cold.

Thanks! I don't make meat often!

ra_mom

Post Mon, May 29 2017, 12:36 pm
rachaelle wrote:
I am making chicken soup for shabbos now because I am going away for Shavuos and will be back right before shabbos. If I freeze the soup with the soup veggies, and then reheat on Friday, will it will taste good? Will the veggies be soggy? Is there a specific way to freeze? Thanks!!

Also I am making a brisket now and freezing- when is a good time to slice? Before freezing or after I rewarm on Friday?

Personally I don't like the defrosted vegetables so I just freeze the broth. If I want vegetables in the soup I had some thin slices of fresh vegetables when reheating and it cooks through pretty quickly.

Best time to slice the roast is when it's very cold. I like to cook, refrigerate overnight, slice, then freeze. But you can freeze it now and slice on Friday when it's mostly defrosted but really cold, if you have the time.

rachaelle

Post Mon, May 29 2017, 5:15 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Personally I don't like the defrosted vegetables so I just freeze the broth. If I want vegetables in the soup I had some thin slices of fresh vegetables when reheating and it cooks through pretty quickly.

Best time to slice the roast is when it's very cold. I like to cook, refrigerate overnight, slice, then freeze. But you can freeze it now and slice on Friday when it's mostly defrosted but really cold, if you have the time.

I was actually hoping you'd respond! Using fresh thin sliced veggies is a great idea- wish I'd thought of it earlier. For now I'm hoping the defrosted veggies wont taste too bad...

tichellady

Post Mon, May 29 2017, 5:36 pm
rachaelle wrote:
I was actually hoping you'd respond! Using fresh thin sliced veggies is a great idea- wish I'd thought of it earlier. For now I'm hoping the defrosted veggies wont taste too bad...

It will be fine. Not as good as fresh but totally ok.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics