Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Any ideas?

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, May 29 2017, 3:39 am
Hi
So we need to make more money to live. We are just about scraping it. We are both working part time as full time isnt an option... Cant say more than that so working outside home I cant. I need to work from home. I have tried everything from Babysitting ( yes its embarrassing sometimes with a kid) to being a cleaner( even more so a frum lady:( )

Now what can I do?
my qualification: NUTRITION AND WEIGHT MANAGEMENT. I have got just 2 clients which isnt enough. My dream is to have more , make classes. Also I have tried making healthy baking classes which has worked out once but I would like to make a living out of it . I would like to do it everyweek ie on a sunday but not sure if people are commited. I would do a block for one month...
So how can I make a living from home? No selling on ebay or anything. That doesnt work. I need a fixed amount each month. Please help .Live in uk

salt

Post Mon, May 29 2017, 6:02 am
Sounds like you have a good qualifications. Can you advertise more to get more clients?
How about selling home baked goods or catering? Especially before chagim. You need to advertise yourself.

Don't understand though, how did you do cleaning work if you can't leave the house?
And where did you babysit - maybe you can take care of kids in your house?

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, May 29 2017, 7:03 am
salt wrote:
Sounds like you have a good qualifications. Can you advertise more to get more clients?
How about selling home baked goods or catering? Especially before chagim. You need to advertise yourself.

Don't understand though, how did you do cleaning work if you can't leave the house?
And where did you babysit - maybe you can take care of kids in your house?

Hi
Thanks for response. I wanted to see if I would get any calls or something about the cleaning but didnt work out.
I dont really fancy making stuff because im not at all near perfect...
maybe I need to advertise more I guess but it just put me off because I did when I first started.. Noone called. so money down the drain

salt

Post Mon, May 29 2017, 7:12 am
Could you become a Weight-Watchers coach or something? It may have to be out of the house, but could probably be flexible hours.
Do you have children? Is that why you need to be at home? Because if you got an out-of-the-house job that pays well enough, it may be worth taking it, and finding childcare.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, May 29 2017, 7:25 am
salt wrote:
Could you become a Weight-Watchers coach or something? It may have to be out of the house, but could probably be flexible hours.
Do you have children? Is that why you need to be at home? Because if you got an out-of-the-house job that pays well enough, it may be worth taking it, and finding childcare.

I have tried but they cant accept me as I havent been to weight watcher before. Yes because the job got to be worth it as I need to pay childcare....
Is there any leads of work from home? ie I can get employed by someone?

amother
Olive

Post Mon, May 29 2017, 3:24 pm
I worked from home before. the jobs varied:

I proofread for a small local magazine

I tutored high school students and prepared them for final exams

a small jewish company sent me their paperwork twice / week and I did simple accounting and excel tabels for them

in the summer I had a day camp for primary school kids. a small group of 8 children for two weeks

I made phone calls during the night for a local marketing agency which cooperates with other companies located in different time zones. they gave me a list of numbers and I called them to verify if they recieved info, want to attend certain events...

all these jobs didnt pay extremely well but it still helped us

now I work out of home and the income easily covers the babyistter. I prefer it this way.

TwinsMommy

Post Mon, May 29 2017, 9:04 pm
I live in Cleveland--- someone here locally is doing a diet program where she provides pre-planned meals for 17 days delivered to your door. Reasonable price, totally convenient, and she advertises WELL by posting photos of her food on facebook and social media.

The legalities of doing it in your home kitchen vary here by state and the costs of renting a commercial kitchen are prohibitive but IF this can be legal and you can get a hecksher where you live and if there is any way you can prepare the meals at home legally--- it seems like a GREAT way to make a living.

Also, are you familiar with Tanya in the New York area? She's got all sorts of clinics and food sales stuff going on now but my guess is that she started out small and home based somehow.

Hatzlacha!

I work at home in direct sales-- that's another option.

LOVELY19

Post Tue, May 30 2017, 1:36 am
TwinsMommy wrote:
I live in Cleveland--- someone here locally is doing a diet program where she provides pre-planned meals for 17 days delivered to your door. Reasonable price, totally convenient, and she advertises WELL by posting photos of her food on facebook and social media.

The legalities of doing it in your home kitchen vary here by state and the costs of renting a commercial kitchen are prohibitive but IF this can be legal and you can get a hecksher where you live and if there is any way you can prepare the meals at home legally--- it seems like a GREAT way to make a living.

Also, are you familiar with Tanya in the New York area? She's got all sorts of clinics and food sales stuff going on now but my guess is that she started out small and home based somehow.

Hatzlacha!

I work at home in direct sales-- that's another option.

Direct sales never work for me. I dont understand what you mean by pre planned meals?
Like does she make your menue? I do not know her sorry.

I was thinking to make a summer programme for 2 weeks like outing and stuff.. wonder how I would go about that etc as I have a baby and my DH needs to go away for 3 weeks to do his course..
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics