Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
In-style glasses for narrow face?

amother
Hotpink

Post Sat, May 27 2017, 3:54 pm
Are there any stylish glasses that work for small, narrow faces?

I have a small, narrow face and it's especially narrow across my eyes. With bigger frames in style, nothing fits - the glasses stick off the sides of my face.

Also, I have always worn rimless because even with smaller glasses, my face seems too small for full rims.

Can anyone recommend new gasses for me or do I just have to be out of style?

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sat, May 27 2017, 10:30 pm
I also have a narrow face and never wore rimless due to very high prescription. I find that children's frames work well for me - same or similar styles as adults, but smaller.

amother
Tan

Post Sat, May 27 2017, 10:32 pm
depending how narrow try glasses for kids or teens. I also have a narrow face. Also ask the people in the eyeglass store fore recommendations.

nylon

Post Sat, May 27 2017, 11:07 pm
Rimless really are easy to fit for narrower faces. I have a different problem, high prescription so I can't wear huge frames, and a narrow bridge--I need a 16-17.

There are brands that specialize in petite frames such as Kliik.

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, May 28 2017, 1:09 am
Yes, try kids sizes.
Don't know where you live but Bright view optical in monsey has a big selection of kid size frames with adult styles! He said they mainly make it for women with narrow faces who have this issue.
I just bought from there.

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, May 28 2017, 1:18 am
amother wrote:
I also have a narrow face and never wore rimless due to very high prescription. I find that children's frames work well for me - same or similar styles as adults, but smaller.

Same here. I buy children's wire frames in a color matching my face. Unfortunately, pink would be too obvious. embarrassed

A word of warning: I once made the mistake of buying my high prescription children's frames in a non-Jewish store. They made the lenses so thick. I asked why they didn't give me thinner lenses, and they said that the store policy is only to use thinner lenses with adult frames. I learned my lesson. I only buy from Frum-owned small glasses stores and I always get the thinner lenses with the children's frames.

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, May 29 2017, 3:09 pm
What style glasses are in style for ladies in their low 30's?

Ruchel

Post Tue, May 30 2017, 6:18 am
Go for what fits, not trendy.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics