Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Anyone know this meat/dairy halacha?
Previous  1  2

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, May 30 2017, 10:42 am
OP update: I contacted a big rav in my neighborhood the next day with the full story. It was a big stretch and he needed to team up with another rabbi but ultimately they found a reason to declare the dishes kosher.

And yes my reaction was related to the general tension. Actually my personality is that I probably would have yelled about something like this anyway, kind of like Frantic Frummie explained, just a dramatic reaction. But it happens to be that we're in the process of divorce (it's not just this) and I have been putting up with A LOT by thinking "hang in there, he'll be gone soon" and this just pushed me over the limit of how much I could do that.

Seas

Post Tue, May 30 2017, 11:31 am
amother wrote:
OP update: I contacted a big rav in my neighborhood the next day with the full story. It was a big stretch and he needed to team up with another rabbi but ultimately they found a reason to declare the dishes kosher.

And yes my reaction was related to the general tension. Actually my personality is that I probably would have yelled about something like this anyway, kind of like Frantic Frummie explained, just a dramatic reaction. But it happens to be that we're in the process of divorce (it's not just this) and I have been putting up with A LOT by thinking "hang in there, he'll be gone soon" and this just pushed me over the limit of how much I could do that.

That's a bit of a fatalistic attitude. Why not instead think if we're anyway still together perhaps let's try to make it work.

miami85

Post Tue, May 30 2017, 3:27 pm
Glad you found a resolution, I didn't read through the whole thread, but one thing I learned from my rav is that soap resolves a lot of kashrus problems. If the dishes were soaking in a soapy dishpan, then that could be they were "nosein ta'am l'fgam" and therefore the hot mlchig--also likely soapy water would've cancelled out. Im not a rav, but I can definitely hear there being room to be meikil.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen