Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
VENT.

amother
Seashell

Post Fri, Jun 02 2017, 4:49 pm
I was starting to feel like I was getting it all together, catching up on stuff, a little less overwhelmed - I've been racing like a lunatic since before Pesach with too much to do! And finally with some big pushes and some slowing down of the bombardment, my list of things left to do was starting to shrink and things were getting done more efficiently.

Well, my to-do list just EXPLODED. I'm not even sure how it crept up on me like that. Maybe it was having so little productive time this week, what with a legal holiday (when I actually got a lot done, but not in a business sense) and then two days of yom tov, plus two truncated days for erev yomtov and erev Shabbos... maybe it was just that. And probably some more stuff plopped into my schedule out of the sky.

Anyway now I no longer feel like I have anything together, and I am no longer riding a wave of productivity - I am just feeling like I want to hide under the covers with a bar of chocolate.

Ugh. How does everyone else do life? I can't! It's too much! Go away!

debsey

Post Fri, Jun 02 2017, 5:25 pm
Hang in there. We all feel this way, you're not alone.

It's the nature of the post-Shavuous week, especially this week when it was a carve-out smack in the middle of the week.

If you work outside the frum community, this week always feels overwhelming. I didn't want to cook for Shavuous because it felt like I just finished putting away my Pesach stuff.

By this time next week, you'll feel like it's coming together again.

Breathe..... and try to rest and renew yourself over shabbos.

amother
Seashell

Post Fri, Jun 02 2017, 7:40 pm
You'd better be right or I don't know what I'm gonna do!

I don't have anything planned for Sunday except massive amounts of laundry, so maybe I can do some catching up, except nothing planned means the kids will be all over each other...

crust

Post Fri, Jun 02 2017, 7:45 pm
amother wrote:
I am just feeling like I want to hide under the covers with a bar of chocolate.

That's a very normal feeling. Life becomes overwhelming sometimes, especially to the rather introverted person....

And 'Everyone else', when they have a not such a productive time in thier life, they think;

amother wrote:
Ugh. How does everyone else do life? I can't! It's too much!

LOL LOL LOL

jewwoman

Post Sat, Jun 03 2017, 9:20 pm
Go for it.
Life is more manageable with chocolate in your system... Very Happy

cholenteater

Post Sat, Jun 03 2017, 10:20 pm
I feel your pain and can join the party! What works for me is to make a checklist by deadline and work towards getting things off the list in the order of when they must happen. So even if it's more enjoyable for me to do one activity/task versus another task which is due Monday vs task due the next week etc and so on. It sounds simple but I need to remind myself to do this!
Hang in there sister!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics