Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
I'm sick and tired of my body
Previous  1  2

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Jun 04 2017, 10:13 pm
amother wrote:
I have pcos and understand how hard it is to lose weight as I've been skinny all my life and was struggling losing weight after my births. I have found that with pcos you need to make sure to eat much more protein than carbs besides for counting calories. But, also you must do at least 60 min of exercise a day.

I know some ppl may disagree with what I'm saying but I'm just telling you from my experience. Pcos bodies dont lose weight the same as others because of the hormonal imbalance....so I have found high protein, low carb, calorie counting diet together with daily exercise to work.did you do daily exercise program together with dieting?
Good luck

IMO, ketogenic is the way to go. High fat, moderate protein, low carb from veggies only.
If you eat too much protein it can turn to sugar in the body.
But to lose weight you need a calorie deficit as well.
For me, I've been successful with keeping my calories at around 1200-1500 cal, + walk on the treadmill -300 cal, so daily total is 900-1200 cal.
At that rate I lose about 1lb a week, but I lose weight, as long as I keep to plan, even Shabbat.

The problem I have is sticking to it.
I'm ok till Y"T comes around, and then it takes me a while to get back on track.

My daily menu looks like this
Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner
A huge salad (16oz) of low carb veggies, mostly greens
Protein (4oz, full fat)
Fat (2 TBSP every meal) try using healthy options, avocado oil, coconut oil,
olive oil for cold only, tehina

If I need a snack I'll eat some pepper strips, cucumber slices, radish slices
With some tehina, or a small salad. Or a hardboiled egg, yogurt, some other easy protein like slices of turkey

But if my calorie count is too high I'll gain weight.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, Jun 04 2017, 10:36 pm
I had a hard time w my weight too. I wasn't very fat but chubby. Starving or no starving didn't help me. I kept gaining weight. I bought a book I don't remember name since it was a while back. It's a blood type book and it tells u exactly which foods make u gain,lose or have a neutral effect on ur body.
According to your blood type it tells u avoid this food ,eat more of that food etc..
I think it's a great book and worth a try. It can't harm u. U can buy it at a health food store!!
Good luck
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise