Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Travel stroller - complicated

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 3:24 pm
My husband, baby, and I are going away for a few weeks this summer. Last year, baby was a few months old, so we brought our big graco stroller with us. It is so big it took the whole front seat, and I sat smooshed in the back with my daughter. I ave to sit in the back anyway because it is a long drive, but we will need the space for other things this year, and want to buy a smaller stroller.

Here come the complications:

I initially wanted to buy a cheap umbrella stroller for $15. But my husband says we need to get something with a basket of some sort, at the very least, and something that reclines, or can be slept in, since we will be away for a while, go shopping, take long walks, and the baby get tired.

However, when I look for something that meets these requirements, I get regular strollers, or just fancier and more expensive umbrella strollers. Nothing under $50. I don't want to spend a lot, or have something heavy.

One more catch:
I'm due in December. As it is, I'm annoyed at myself for not thinking to get a carriage that can convert to carry two kids. Now I should have 2 carriages, then throw them both out/store them and buy a double?

I'd be willing to spend a bit more if it could be used for two, so we could use it next summer, as well. But I don't want to buy a double stroller and look crazy walking around with one kid for the next 6 months.

Any ideas?

usa

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 3:55 pm
How about this one? GoLite Convenience Stroller - Chevron. I googled DELTA folding stroller (because I used DELTA for my children many years ago), and this was on the BURLINGTON site. Hatzlacha.

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 4:19 pm
Looks like a good piece, but I'm looking for something under $50, unless it could be used for 2 one day.

sky

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 4:48 pm
PRobably your best bet is too search 'umbrella strollers' on Target and Walmart and read the reviews or go down and try it out.
I wouldn't get the $15 version - I hated it - the wheels were horrible (and I'm not picky) but you should be able to get something for $30 - 50. BUt the handlebars will be low and the push will still not be great - so if you are planning on doing lots of walking on your vacation it may not be so enjoyable.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 5:27 pm
Can you get used? You could probably find something that suits your needs for cheap that way. Combi has some very lightweight, reclinable, easy and compact folding strollers that weren't so expensive to begin with so used would be in your price range.

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 5:41 pm
https://www.target.com/p/kolcr.....aw.ds

You're likely to use it in the future anyway.

When you're carrying the newborn in a sling. When the current toddler is a little older. When you only have one with you.

momof2+?

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 7:25 pm
http://tlbingtoday.com/kolcraf.....lack/

this popped up as an ad when I clicked on the target link.
It's under fifty, reclines and has a basket....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics