Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Apartment Windows

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Jun 04 2017, 1:42 pm
Help! My windows are completely filthy! You know those cars that say "Wash Me" on the sides? Yeah, they're that dirty.

I've always lived in places on the ground floor, so I could do my own windows. I don't have the first clue how to wash these.

I've been here a year and a half, and the landlord doesn't pay for window washers. My cleaning help won't do them, and DH is too cheap to hire a service.

I can't stand looking out through the muck much longer. I'm desperate enough to do it myself - but I can't reach everything, and it's 3 floors off the ground, and I'm terrified of falling.

Is there some magic trick I'm supposed to know about? There's not even an outdoor faucet or hose. Besides, the neighbors might not like me raining on their mirpessets.

MagentaYenta

Post Sun, Jun 04 2017, 1:54 pm
There are double sided implements for washing windows on both sides. I've post the Amazon link a few times. Perhaps you can have someone order it stateside and ship it to you.https://smile.amazon.com/LvDD-Double-sided-Magnetic-High-rise-Thickness/dp/B01MDLZ3IJ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1496598835&sr=8-1&keywords=double+sided+window+washer

MyUsername

Post Sun, Jun 04 2017, 2:10 pm
The double sided window washers exist in Israel too! I always see them in stands at the mall.

I'm sure you could order online here: http://www.zap.co.il/models.as.....price - zap has some options. They are generally called "מנקה חלונות מגנטי"

No idea which ones are good though.

MagentaYenta

Post Sun, Jun 04 2017, 2:14 pm
MyUsername wrote:
The double sided window washers exist in Israel too! I always see them in stands at the mall.

I'm sure you could order online here: http://www.zap.co.il/models.as.....price - zap has some options. They are generally called "מנקה חלונות מגנטי"

No idea which ones are good though.

I'm guessing that the heavier is better since it would mean a stronger magnet and a tighter seal where the unit comes into contact with the glass. (Just my reasoned opinion.)

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 8:21 am
Oh, they're just like what people use to clean large aquariums! How brilliant is that?

So, on Zap, help me figure out which one is the best. We get a lot of dust storms here, and the grit is really stuck to the windows. They're nearly opaque!

Thanks so much, it is going to be wonderful to be able to see out again.

water_bear88

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 9:07 am
We have one, bought in a mall kiosk a while ago, with a string attached to the outside piece to prevent dropping and losing it. It's a feature I'd definitely look for again, and would recommend it especially if your windows are that dirty in case that reduces the strength of the magnet.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jun 06 2017, 1:53 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
Oh, they're just like what people use to clean large aquariums! How brilliant is that?

So, on Zap, help me figure out which one is the best. We get a lot of dust storms here, and the grit is really stuck to the windows. They're nearly opaque!

Thanks so much, it is going to be wonderful to be able to see out again.

Please help me pick out the right one! Do you think they sell them at hardware stores?

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, Jun 06 2017, 1:58 am
I can't figure out how the things work but we have windows that are hard to reach too.
Are there videos so I can see how it's done?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry