Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
End of year etiquette

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 11:52 am
Hi,

What is normal protocol in terms of thank you cards, gifts, money, etc for teachers in Flatbush Yeshivas and Bais Yaakovs?

My daughter has 2 morahs, a speech therapist, SEIT, and there are at least 4 teachers assistants for her class too.

What is normal to give and to whom?

Thanks.

amother
Plum

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 7:41 pm
I am a teacher for many years and there's no set standard. A thank u note goes a very long way in addition to whatever u decide to give.

seeker

Post Tue, Jun 06 2017, 1:10 am
Here we go again... less than two weeks left to school when I realize I should have thought about this longer ago embarrassed

And me a teacher, too. But I hardly ever get anything so I'm happy with even a thank-you card. Being appreciated means a lot. I called a parent tonight to discuss her kid, who realized that I was the one on the phone, got all excited, came on the phone to say goodnight, and it made my day, no gift required.

But sure, if you want to give a gift, that's really nice!

Post Tue, Jun 06 2017, 1:34 pm
Would $25 checks for the 2 morahs, along with thank you cards be normal?

I was thinking of doing just thank you cards for the assistants but include details about my daughters favorite moments with them.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette