Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Homeschooling
Is homeschooling an option for me?

workoutwoman613

Post Wed, Jun 07 2017, 1:47 am
I live in Israel and the educational system is not meant for the kids that fall through the cracks. Not enriched, not special needs but somewhere in the middle. I have a DD with ADHD and has never been taught how to learn. She needs outside of the box education. I too have ADD and so homeschooling may be hard for me. I want her to learn. She is 10 1/2 can can't even count in 2's or do simple math.

Is there a complete curriculum that I can follow to help her? Will it be sufficient? Attending local homeschooling groups? Maybe school p/t and homeschooling p/t?

I need honest advice. TIA

salt

Post Wed, Jun 07 2017, 8:03 am
What does her school suggest? Teacher, priniciple, yo'etzet?
Don't have any personal experience with this, but I would imagine that if a pupil is falling so far behind, the school would offer extra lessons, suggest or politely demand she gets extra help, or something - they should give some kind of direction.
Apologies if this doesn't sound that helpful.

workoutwoman613

Post Wed, Jun 07 2017, 9:50 am
Thanks. They say she's fine but she's not. She can't count or add simple equations. She's drowning and nobody is helpful.

queenert

Post Wed, Jun 07 2017, 10:05 am
There's a pretty decent sized homeschooling community here. Not sure where you live but there may well be a group that you can join.

For sure initially you'll get good answers from the various yahoo/google groups. I can get you details later.

workoutwoman613

Post Wed, Jun 07 2017, 1:04 pm
That would be great. We live in Pardes Hana

queenert wrote:
There's a pretty decent sized homeschooling community here. Not sure where you live but there may well be a group that you can join.

For sure initially you'll get good answers from the various yahoo/google groups. I can get you details later.

rachel0615

Post Wed, Jun 07 2017, 1:56 pm
Have u tried diff types of schools? A more progressive school that is focused on getting the students involved in the learning and being hands on may benefit a child with ADHD

queenert

Post Wed, Jun 07 2017, 2:39 pm
Okay, there's a Google Group called Israel Homeschool.
And a Yahoo Group called Jewish Orthodox and Homeschooling.

Once you find the groups you'll see the instructions for joining.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Homeschooling