Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Classifieds
Graduate school vs. undergrad

Dolly1

Post Thu, Jun 08 2017, 12:24 pm
Hi!
I recently graduated from undergrad school and am starting grad school in the fall. In the meantime I have too much time to think and get nervous... I would like to hear from others who have been to grad school; is it much tougher than undergrad? If yes, in what way? I want to be able to prepare myself mentally and know what to expect.
Thank you!

bsy

Post Thu, Jun 08 2017, 12:34 pm
Yes it's harder. I found there was more work, more reports, more projects, internship, externship, and grades matter to a degree. I was able to work full time in undergrad but had to move to part time and eventually quit in grad school.

All that being said, it all depends on the field and school.

wondergirl

Post Thu, Jun 08 2017, 12:36 pm
Dolly1 wrote:
Hi!
I recently graduated from undergrad school and am starting grad school in the fall. In the meantime I have too much time to think and get nervous... I would like to hear from others who have been to grad school; is it much tougher than undergrad? If yes, in what way? I want to be able to prepare myself mentally and know what to expect.
Thank you!

It depends on the variables involved. Which undergraduate school did you attend and what was your area of study? And which graduate school will you be attending and what kind of degree will you be getting?

Dolly1

Post Thu, Jun 08 2017, 12:38 pm
I attended touro and will b attending touro grad school. am goin for speech.
why is it that some people say grad is in a sense easier then undergrad. does it make any sense? I'm nervous since I'm a wife and mother already and I want to succeed without neglecting my family

cnc

Post Thu, Jun 08 2017, 12:41 pm
Dolly1 wrote:
I attended touro and will b attending touro grad school. am goin for speech.
why is it that some people say grad is in a sense easier then undergrad. does it make any sense? I'm nervous since I'm a wife and mother already and I want to succeed without neglecting my family

My friend did Touro for grad and undergrad in speech. Grad is more intense and much less flexibility in terms of scheduling and classes.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics