Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
East Meadows, NY

amother
Gold

Post Thu, Jun 08 2017, 11:51 am
There was an article in the Pesach Ami about a few families from Kew Gardens who moved out to East Meadows and are trying to start a community there. The housing there is nice and affordable and its around a half hour from five towns and Queens. Does anyone have any more information. I am in Brooklyn and looking to leave and this place sounds interesting to me.....

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, Jun 08 2017, 11:54 am
All I know is that there are literally like 8 frum families there. Are you the pioneer type? If so, go for it! But if not, that's what the situation currently is and you may want to wait until the community grows a bit.

amother
Gold

Post Thu, Jun 08 2017, 12:02 pm
do you know the families? what crowd are they?

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, Jun 08 2017, 12:06 pm
No, I don't know them. We had started to research the possibility and finding out just how small and brand new it is ended that consideration so we didn't research too extensively. I actually would love to be a pioneering family in a new community, but it wouldn't work for dh, he's too shy and needs a community that's large enough for him to be mostly anonymous.

miami85

Post Thu, Jun 08 2017, 12:15 pm
I know at least 3 of them. Mostly Chofetz Chaim background--bnei torah, but not "yeshivishe" necessarily.

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Jun 08 2017, 12:16 pm
Don't have that much info to add except that it's called East Meadow not Meadows.

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, Jun 08 2017, 12:31 pm
I know some of the families. Frum, BY types but def. not sheltered/close minded. Some send to BY Queens which is an amazing school. Not a fancy crowd- very down to earth nice people mostly coming from Queens/KGH area

amother
Gold

Post Thu, Jun 08 2017, 1:15 pm
Are the husbands "black and white" during the week? Do they have movies in their houses. I am trying to see if Id even be a good fit. I would call myself yeshivish but I am from out of town and not into a lot of the NY/NJ yeshivish rules.

miami85

Post Thu, Jun 08 2017, 1:57 pm
amother wrote:
Are the husbands "black and white" during the week? Do they have movies in their houses. I am trying to see if Id even be a good fit. I would call myself yeshivish but I am from out of town and not into a lot of the NY/NJ yeshivish rules.

Well considering Chofetz Chaim isn't so "black and white" to begin with--I don't think so. They have rather diverse families/professions, I can see some of them having mild/disney type movies, but I don't know for a fact. I don't think you have to worry too much. If not for the fact that we just don't want to stay in NY at all, it does sound like a nice place.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating