Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Shopping online?
Previous  1  2

water_bear88

Post Fri, Jun 02 2017, 5:04 am
Ah, and onion powder comes up again Smile I'm just glad I never learned to use it as a spice. Granulated garlic you can find- I have a big container from Shaarei Revacha.

Baking soda makes sense in little containers if you only use it in baking, as I guess most Israelis do. The trouble is when you want to use it like an American for cleaning and smell-reduction, since then you want it in bulk.

Btw, you can find small containers of aluminum-free baking powder (imported from the US) in some health-food stores.

aussie2

Post Fri, Jun 02 2017, 6:54 am
btw about the clumping onion powder I buy granules and now it doesn't clump.
Now I finally understand why the flour comes in such small packages..
I still think vanilla sugar, baking powder etc.. can come in a bigger container instead of/or in addition to those little envelopes..

mandksima

Post Fri, Jun 02 2017, 6:59 am
I have bought 25 kilo bags or bigger of baking soda from Poliva which can be picked up in Ramle. They deliver to bakeries all over though so if you go to one and ask them if they will order an extra bag in their next order, they just might! I do that with my local bakery. I think I paid 78 shekels for 25 kilo. I use it in laundry and cleaning and it lasts a long time. You can also do a group order with their other bulk baking products and maybe that will get delivered for a fee. Visit www.poliva.co.il

I do online grocery shopping a few times a month with the sale items and heavier things and a big order is delivered for 10 shekels. Shufersal delivers here but other stores deliver in other areas. You need to learn how to navigate the online store in Hebrew but I learned it pretty quickly and my Hebrew isn't the greatest. I order 2 bags of 40 rolls each at a time of toilet paper but there is no maximum. I order multiple tissue packs as well. I don't use wipes but you can purchase many at a time and order monthly very easily.

Health food products can be ordered online from www.iherb.com and delivered for a small fee depending on the weight and price of the order.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Fri, Jun 02 2017, 9:41 am
You can find bigger canisters of baking soda with the spices - like the size of the big parprika bottles. I think one company (maimon's) also makes a bigger box of it.

As for buying diapers and toilet paper in bulk - once a month, I order from Supersol Online (supersol is a supermarket chain) - it's not the cheapest, but you can't beat the convenience. I buy tons of everything, so it's worth the shipping cost. Then, during the rest of the month, I fill in produce/dairy/chicken etc from the local supermarkets or makolets.

rabshi

Post Thu, Jun 08 2017, 3:33 am
essie14 wrote:

Amazon UK and Amazon France will deliver to Israel.

Don't they charge a hefty amount for delivery to Israel?

amother
Mint

Post Thu, Jun 08 2017, 3:39 am
delete

Last edited by amother on Fri, Jun 09 2017, 4:00 am; edited 3 times in total

chanchy123

Post Thu, Jun 08 2017, 4:39 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
Flour is not sold in bulk because of the risk of infestation. Flour beetles and grain moths flourish in the dry heat. (I used to live in central California, and we had the exact same problem.) If your flour gets infested, it's no big deal to throw out a little bag. If a 50 pound bag gets infested, you've got a major problem. That's another reason why everyone sifts their flour here - it's as important as checking lettuce before you make a salad!

For baking, Maimon's is the biggest kosher brand of baking specialties. Try to contact their factory, and see if you can buy directly. They sell everything for professional bakers that you could imagine.

What's hard for me to find is baking soda. Last time I went to America I brought back a couple of Costo size giant bags of Arm and Hammer. Worth every penny, even though it was heavy and I had to pay for a second bag. I also brought back large containers of Italian blend spices, chicken blend seasonings, and season salt. Oh, and NON CLUMPING onion powder! That's the Holy Grail of Israel. LOL

ETA: I live in a small town, way in the North. I hear that in Jerusalem and Tel Aviv, and to some extent Haifa, you can get everything you need pretty much. Over all, I'm still really happy with what I can find here.

I get large containers of baking soda all the time.

I never lived in the US and can't really compare. Israelis don't really use onion powder, they use onions.

queenert

Post Thu, Jun 08 2017, 4:53 pm
You can get vanilla sugar in bulk too at Shaarei Revacha.

rabshi

Post Fri, Jun 09 2017, 3:02 am
essie14 wrote:

Amazon UK and Amazon France will deliver to Israel.

I checked their prices, they seem to be sky rocketing?

Any experience with them?

Iymnok

Post Fri, Jun 09 2017, 3:23 am
I find Maimon to be more expensive. I usually but Maya. I can usually find baking soda in 500g containers.
Right now Titulim diapers are 4 for 100nis.
Osher Ad has deals with some companies to make special larger packages for a lower cost. Oppenheimer chocolate chips were cheaper in their x2.5 bags.
I buy my kids shoes and boys shabbos shirts at Next.

rabshi

Post Fri, Jun 09 2017, 4:01 am
mandksima wrote:

Health food products can be ordered online from www.iherb.com and delivered for a small fee depending on the weight and price of the order.

Lately I'm somtimes ordering from vitacost.com. I put my order in the carts on both sites, then compare the total price INCLUDING shipping charges. Then I place my order by the one that came out cheaper which somtimes is iherb & sometimes vitacost.

But there's 1 more factor I consider before placing the order, which is as follows.

When ordering by vitacost I do it via ebates.com which is a cashback site. If u sign up to ebates using a referral code you get a bonus amount. Ebates usually grants a 3% cashback for your vitacost order. Sometimes they run Double Cashback or other promotions which means that your vitacost order is even cheaper than what you pay for vitacost, because you'll get back some of the money.

Anyway, if you would like refferal codes for any of the above which will grant u a nice discount, u can contact me by PM.

Always remember that if your order EXCLUDING s&h is more than $75, you might have to pay VAT and/or Meches. It's not only the money, it's also the hassle.

hila

Post Sun, Jun 11 2017, 1:03 am
I love UK tea bags and it is really expensive to buy them here.
I ordered from Amazon Uk and it still works out about a third of the local price. I got 1200 teabags for 180sh inc shipping, and it lasts me a year. Here I pay 20+sh for 40 teabags.

bestmommyof6

Post Sat, Sep 01 2018, 9:06 pm
Is there a kosher grocery that you can order online and they deliver?

notshanarishona

Post Sat, Sep 01 2018, 10:13 pm
Mymakolet

bestmommyof6

Post Sat, Sep 01 2018, 11:35 pm
Sorry I meant is there a kosher grocery in israel that you can order online and they deliver in israel to your apartment

essie14

Post Sun, Sep 02 2018, 1:48 am
bestmommyof6 wrote:
Sorry I meant is there a kosher grocery in israel that you can order online and they deliver in israel to your apartment

Shufersol
Rami levi, depending on your location
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions