Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
How Do I Keep My American Cell Number in Insrael??

ValleyMom

Post Sun, Jun 11 2017, 9:20 pm
I just want to use my american cell phone in Israel. What do I have to do?
I have an ATT plan.
PLEASE advise.

Lizzie4

Post Mon, Jun 12 2017, 1:15 am
In order to keep your American number in israel, you need to first sign up for a Israeli cellphone plan and a US virtual number. (A paid monthly service that call forwards your calls from the US Virtual number so your family and friends don't have to dial long distance)
After that you can call your current US cell phone provider ( I.e. Verizon, AT&T etc.) and ask them to call forward your calls from your American number to your US virtual number.
Please note that you do have to pay to keep your American line open for this service to work.

essie14

Post Mon, Jun 12 2017, 2:45 am
You do not need to keep your American cell service. You can port your number to Google voice the day you make aliyah and then forward Google voice to your virtual USA number that you get from your Israeli cell provider (such as Golan). You can also forward it to Skype or other services as well.
https://www.howtogeek.com/9207.....oice/

You can do this before you set up your Israeli phone service. Once the number is ported to Google, you have that number forever. You can make phone calls from your computer with it. In the US you can make phone calls through the Google Voice app too. In Israel the app only allows you to send and receive text message, not calls. But you can receive calls by using the forwarding feature as I described above.

Smile1234

Post Mon, Jun 12 2017, 7:08 am
If this is for long term then I'd say to do what the previous poster said. Port your number to google voice.....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions