Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Bedtime before shabbos over
Previous  1  2

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Jun 12 2017, 10:32 am
amother wrote:
Also I feel like if they go to sleep with dirt on them the linen has to be washed the next day.

we build that into our routine... fresh sheets for everyone on Sunday.

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Jun 12 2017, 12:07 pm
simba great! I was thinking im the only one doing this. I dont bathe my kids every night. I have a bed wetter so its useless he has a bath every morning. others I just bathe when I see it necessay.

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Jun 12 2017, 12:18 pm
Roots wrote:
1 I dont use wipes on shabbat - wash hands, faces (and if necessary tushes and legs-in israel many parks have sand....)
2 in the summer you dont need such hot water cuz its so hot outside and its fun to be washed with lukewarm water
3 in israel and if you are sfardi you are allowed to turn on the hot water for a baby on shabbat - only if it was boiled by the sun . (if the boiler was turned on friday t warm up the water you can not use hot water) ask you dh or lr.

I was just curious about this. Do you mean if you left the boiler on over Shabbat? Or if you used the boiler to heat the water, then it stayed warm with solar? If the latter, do you know why? Thanks!!

miami85

Post Mon, Jun 12 2017, 1:30 pm
I find my kids get more wound up from a bath than it calms them down. Never had it as part of bedtime routine. Bathing daily is highly over-rated, unless you have actual sweat or physical dirt, its not necessary. Much of today's hygiene-practices are over-kill. And my kids are very healthy. B"H bli ayin hara, I haven't had a sick visit since February--and that was for strep and even that was the first one since one of my kids got the flu after being exposed to it at his own birthday party and didn't touch the sick kid (all the kids at the party came down with the flu afterwards--they also happen to be in the same class in school, so could've caught it from school).

My simplistic understanding of the "shabbos wipes" is that they seem to hold the water on the outside of the wipe--rather than in absorbant pockets so you are not squeezing them, but transferring the liquid.

Tzutzie

Post Mon, Jun 12 2017, 1:37 pm
I only bath my kids daily in the real summer heat.

Otherwise its 3x a week or on an as-needed basis.

My kids are 2 and 4. I put them to bed before shabbos is out. I just sit them on the vanity and stick the 2yo feet into the sink (now my 4 yo wears socks so not needed. But last year I did that for both kids.) And rinse w warm water (a mix from the urn) and hands and face, while they are in their undies. Wipe. Toilet. Pjs. Shema. Bed.

amother
Gold

Post Mon, Jun 12 2017, 7:03 pm
PSA: As a teacher, we can absolutely tell which kids are bathed daily and which are not.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Jun 12 2017, 7:16 pm
amother wrote:
PSA: As a teacher, we can absolutely tell which kids are bathed daily and which are not.

And-so???

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, Jun 12 2017, 7:16 pm
amother wrote:

My DD's preschool teachers can tell if I've been working a lot of late nights by how tangled my DD's hair is. DH is great doing kids bedtime but can't bear to brush DD's long long hair. I keep telling him that if you do it each day it's a lot easier but....

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jun 12 2017, 7:23 pm
miami85 wrote:
I find my kids get more wound up from a bath than it calms them down. Never had it as part of bedtime routine. Bathing daily is highly over-rated, unless you have actual sweat or physical dirt, its not necessary. Much of today's hygiene-practices are over-kill. And my kids are very healthy. B"H bli ayin hara, I haven't had a sick visit since February--and that was for strep and even that was the first one since one of my kids got the flu after being exposed to it at his own birthday party and didn't touch the sick kid (all the kids at the party came down with the flu afterwards--they also happen to be in the same class in school, so could've caught it from school).

My simplistic understanding of the "shabbos wipes" is that they seem to hold the water on the outside of the wipe--rather than in absorbant pockets so you are not squeezing them, but transferring the liquid.

That's so funny, I find that it winds them down.
When we had some other kids staying over for a week, this too was my trick to getting everybody into bed on time. Each kid got time alone (little ones with me in there) to calm down, relax and get fresh before bed.

miami85

Post Mon, Jun 12 2017, 9:38 pm
ra_mom wrote:
That's so funny, I find that it winds them down.
When we had some other kids staying over for a week, this too was my trick to getting everybody into bed on time. Each kid got time alone (little ones with me in there) to calm down, relax and get fresh before bed.

Again not my experience, they get excited by the water and playing and splashing. I'm the same way, I can't take a shower b4 bed, being wet is stimulating for me.

I think there's a difference between "well groomed" and "bathing every night". I wasn't raised that way, my husband is the same way. We do wash when we feel we need it but every day no. We are generally "Well groomed", and if there is a need--such as if a kids wakes up wet, or played in the mud--then definitely, but there are other ways of dealing with perspiration than showering. And B"H we have a fairly good health record.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Jun 12 2017, 9:43 pm
miami85 wrote:
Again not my experience, they get excited by the water and playing and splashing. I'm the same way, I can't take a shower b4 bed, being wet is stimulating for me.

I think there's a difference between "well groomed" and "bathing every night". I wasn't raised that way, my husband is the same way. We do wash when we feel we need it but every day no. We are generally "Well groomed", and if there is a need--such as if a kids wakes up wet, or played in the mud--then definitely, but there are other ways of dealing with perspiration than showering. And B"H we have a fairly good health record.

I am the same way as you. I don't feel they need a bath every night. Yes if they r dirty they get a bath and always before yom tov or shabbos. Sometimes it's 2 times a week and Sometimes it's more. My kids r very well groomed and never look dirty. We also bh have an amazing health record bli ayin hara.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics