Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Teaneck/bergenfield chabad

amother
Red

Post Mon, Jun 12 2017, 11:27 am
we are chabad baal teshuvas and are looking to move to teaneck or bergenfield for the conveniences. we have 2 small children and will send to a local preschool and figure it out for school after that...

do you think we will feel out of place or we will be able to meet people and integrate without changing our hashgofa?

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Jun 12 2017, 12:07 pm
There are a few Lubavitch families, not many. Your school choices will be pretty limited (I imagine only YNJ will work). People are generally friendly and non judgmental. Your kids will likely be the only ones in the class who are makpid on cholov yisroel, but chances are good that their friends will be happy to accommodate. Does that matter to you?

saw50st8

Post Mon, Jun 12 2017, 12:09 pm
There is a chabad shul if you want to be "exclusively" chabad.

I live in Teaneck and find that people are really friendly and have a live and let live attitude. So as long as you are comfortable with having all sorts of friend (which Chabad families usually are!) you should do well.

If you don't want an exclusively chabad shul, there are a ton of options from really small to medium to huge.

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Jun 12 2017, 9:38 pm
Chabad has preschools in Teaneck, a daycare/preschool in Fairlawn and a preschool/elementary school in Tenafly. They are all fabulous community schools. All the Chabad people I know in the area are fully integrated in the community.

thatworn

Post Mon, Jun 12 2017, 9:50 pm
People send children to tenefly (I think it's called Lubav of the Pallisades?) and some older children go to the Monsey Chabad school - they do carpools.
As far as I know there's also a pre school run by one of the shluchos right in Teaneck
Very friendly community
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating