Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Question about oven- time sensitive

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Jun 13 2017, 5:51 pm
I want to bake tilapia with a butter sauce uncovered in my oven. I only have one oven and usually use it for meat. The last time I used my oven was 5 days ago, for chicken. Can I bake this tilapia in the oven uncovered since it wasn't used since then? Thanks!
(Don't have time to self clean it)

tichellady

Post Tue, Jun 13 2017, 6:01 pm
Different opinions on this, but according to the opinion I follow it would be totally fine

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Jun 13 2017, 6:08 pm
tichellady wrote:
Different opinions on this, but according to the opinion I follow it would be totally fine

Thank you- my knowledge is rusty but I vaguely remember something about it not being eino Ben yomo...

tichellady

Post Tue, Jun 13 2017, 6:11 pm
amother wrote:
Thank you- my knowledge is rusty but I vaguely remember something about it not being eino Ben yomo...

Some people wait until the oven cools, some wait 24 hours, some will cook meat and dairy at the same time on different racks since our ovens are pretty ventilated, some will never cook meat and dairy in the same oven, it depends on whether the meat or dairy food is liquid or solid, there are lots of opinions!!!

amother
Gold

Post Tue, Jun 13 2017, 6:12 pm
I thought there was an issue with eating fish together with butter. maybe I'm mistaking.

tichellady

Post Tue, Jun 13 2017, 6:20 pm
amother wrote:
I thought there was an issue with eating fish together with butter. maybe I'm mistaking.

I know some sfardim don't eat fish with dairy but everyone else I know does! Lox, cream cheese and bagels are a classic Bris meal

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Jun 13 2017, 6:36 pm
tichellady wrote:
Some people wait until the oven cools, some wait 24 hours, some will cook meat and dairy at the same time on different racks since our ovens are pretty ventilated, some will never cook meat and dairy in the same oven, it depends on whether the meat or dairy food is liquid or solid, there are lots of opinions!!!

Wow! Complicated
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen