Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Kosher Smartphones in the USA

Charnie

Post Wed, Jun 14 2017, 3:20 pm
In Israel a Samsung Kosher cellphone is being made available. Does anyone know if we have something comparable in the USA? I have two sons who are yeshiva bochurim and I would like them to have access to Waze. However, I want virtually everything else (perhaps with the exception of email and a siddur app) blocked. If I put restrictions on an iPhone, it can be cracked by just connecting the phone to iTunes and selecting "reset to factory settings". In Samsung (android) settings there is also an option to reset.

Similarly, is there a carrier that will accommodate this?

Bluesky 1

Post Wed, Jun 14 2017, 3:34 pm
there definitely is kosher smartphones just dont know which one. I know there are many that have a heter to have smartphones from a rav which means its kosher. it has a filter

OOTBubby

Post Wed, Jun 14 2017, 3:35 pm
Charnie wrote:
In Israel a Samsung Kosher cellphone is being made available. Does anyone know if we have something comparable in the USA? I have two sons who are yeshiva bochurim and I would like them to have access to Waze. However, I want virtually everything else (perhaps with the exception of email and a siddur app) blocked. If I put restrictions on an iPhone, it can be cracked by just connecting the phone to iTunes and selecting "reset to factory settings". In Samsung (android) settings there is also an option to reset.

Similarly, is there a carrier that will accommodate this?

I am pretty sure that TAG and take an iPhone and restrict it as you want (and you can't reset it without them). DDIL has done that. Check with TAG in your city.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics