Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Forshay

amother
Lawngreen

Post Wed, Jun 14 2017, 7:54 am
lookimg into Forshay area In monsey as a possible location to move from brooklyn, were chassidish.
Anyone that knows the area, I would appreciate to get more info on the differnt sections and types of people/Shuls etc,
And how does this area compare to Airmont
Thanks

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Jun 14 2017, 8:04 am
Airmont has a higher chassidish presence. Younger families that identify themselves as chassidish.
Forshay is typically not chassidish at all. There are a few chassidish families, but by and large they are just wearing a shtreimel on shabbos kind of thing. No long payos or yiddish-they look like regular litvish. There is Rabbi Rottenbergs shul for those who are "chassidish" (litvish also go there)...but again, the overwhelming majority of forshay are just regular litvish crowd.

Airmont is more chassidish. Nice neighborhoods, pretty...

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, Jun 14 2017, 9:38 am
I agree. I've seen Forshay to be litvishe with some shabbos streimel wearers. There are a few true chassidim there but far and few between. There are a few Bais Dovid types and one or two real chassidishe families but its mainly litvishe.

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Jun 14 2017, 9:42 am
There's the Ohr Chaim Shuhl also. A very diverse mix of chabad and literally every type of Jew. The respect and ahavas Yisroel is nothing I found anywhere else.
It's nice for a visit but I don't know how it would be to live there with a growing chassidish family.
Find a broker that sells in both places.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Jun 14 2017, 12:46 pm
amother wrote:
There's the Ohr Chaim Shuhl also. A very diverse mix of chabad and literally every type of Jew. The respect and ahavas Yisroel is nothing I found anywhere else.
It's nice for a visit but I don't know how it would be to live there with a growing chassidish family.
Find a broker that sells in both places.

This shul is a mix. http://www.18forshay.com/

My dh started davening there on Sundays and loves the diversity. They also have alot of different ongoing programs.

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Jun 14 2017, 5:17 pm
Ohr. CHaim shul/18 forshay is a mix, and is absolutely beautiful in welcoming all types no matter what etc. Beautiful ruach there, absolutely amazing in what theyve done..

However it is most definitely not for a mainstream, run of the mill chassidish family
(which I dont know if the op is or not, but if so, theres nothing chassidish about it aside for them being very accepting of all types, including chassidish, ex chassidish, and modern chassidish)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating