Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Imrei Shefer-Monsey
1  2  Next

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Jun 14 2017, 2:08 pm
Is anyone a parent there?
I'm looking for updated current information. I'd like to hear as much as possible .
What's the crowd like? How do the boys and parents look/dress (no peyos, curly peyos etc...)?
What neighborhood in Monsey do most of the boys live in or are they from all over?
What are some of the "rules" there, so I can get a basic picture of what they're looking for. Who makes up the administration?
How big are the classes?
Is the administration open to communication with the parents?
Are they okay with a child that gets (therapy) services?
What is the limudei chol department like?
What is the approximate tuition?
What would be a similar or corresponding girls' school-where do most people send their daughters?

I apologize if some of my question seem petty , but I don't currently live in Monsey and I don't have anyone IRL to ask.

Thank you!

Maya

Post Wed, Jun 14 2017, 2:35 pm
My son was last there two years ago so I don't know exactly what it's like now, but I have family in the cheder and know people who send there so maybe some info will be helpful.

The crowd is mostly regular Chassidish couples from all over who didn't want to be bothered with the insanity of mosdos-name chedarim. The great majority of the boys wear the regular shaved head/long peyos/black kappel.
When my kid was there, there wasn't any dress code or rules for either the kids or the parents, although like I said, most look like your average Chassidish men and women, and very few look totally "modern."
The education is completely in the Chassidish style, with emphasis on being tolerant to all kinds of people. The school is owned and run by a Chassidish Belz guy who wanted a place where everyone can learn in the Chassidish way, regardless of how the parents dress.

I don't know about the class size now; it was pretty small when we were there.
Tuition is $600 a month, and as far as I know, non-negotiable.
The most equivalent girls school is Bnos Derech Yisroel.
The limudei chol program seemed okay, but I believe they had plans to build that up, so I don't know about that now.

I can't comment on the parent-administration communication, as we had somewhat of a special relationship with the admins, but I haven't heard specific complaints.

I also don't know about kids with services, but I do know that the rebbeim have undergone an extensive training program to learn the best ways to reach all children, keep them academically challenged while also catering to the weaker boys so that no one falls through the cracks; and the most effective methods of discipline.

I think that's all

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Jun 14 2017, 4:42 pm
Bump

crust

Post Wed, Jun 14 2017, 4:51 pm
I heard only good things about them. I can only second everything Maya said.
I know parents who send there and they are all super happy. The hanhula makes an effort to work together with the parents. I wish their style is emulated in all mosdos worldwide.

Blessing1

Post Wed, Jun 14 2017, 8:15 pm
I know afew families that send there, they're all extremely happy. Parent body is chassidish 99% boys wear the payos down.
Classes are pretty small, 15 boys per class.

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Jun 15 2017, 8:26 am
Hi,

I send there, my son loves going to cheder. The menahel is amazing!!!!! Warm, caring and helpful, you definitely have who to talk to.

My son is youngerr so I don't know much about the English curriculum yet, or the rebbes, but the parents are extremely happy with all the rebbes.

It's a smaller school and I love that because it's a very warm and homey atmosphere.

So far my experience has been great!

Good luck with making your decision

amother
Linen

Post Sat, Mar 24 2018, 8:29 pm
BUMP...

Are there any other comparable schools? Meaning if I need to apply to a few places where else should I apply if I would most likely fit in here?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sat, Mar 24 2018, 8:39 pm
Amazing cheder, amazing menahel.
Another option is Munkacz cheder.

amother
Linen

Post Sat, Mar 24 2018, 8:47 pm
Thanks.
What are my options for girls’ schools?
Are there any schools similar to BYBP or Gan Yisroel?

Blessing1

Post Sat, Mar 24 2018, 9:03 pm
Stay away from Munkatch Cheder if you have a different choice. You can't compare it to Imrei Shefer.

amother
Linen

Post Sat, Mar 24 2018, 9:10 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
Stay away from Munkatch Cheder if you have a different choice. You can't compare it to Imrei Shefer.

Thanks. Based on other information that I got IRL , I wouldn’t sent to Munkatch. Do you know if it’s hard to get into Imrei Shefer?

Any suggestions for girls’ schools?

amother
Firebrick

Post Sat, Mar 24 2018, 9:22 pm
amother wrote:
Do you know if it’s hard to get into Imrei Shefer?

Its been 10 months since you first posted.
I think its time to get going. Smile

Apply and see for yourself if its hard to get in.

amother
Linen

Post Sat, Mar 24 2018, 9:26 pm
amother wrote:
Its been 10 months since you first posted.
I think its time to get going. Smile

Apply and see for yourself if its hard to get in.

I’m scared of change but I’m going to have to move eventually 😬. I’m trying to gather all my options together and get everything somewhat into place before doing the actual tough parts like applying to schools and settling on a neighborhood.

I’m really concerned about the girls’ schooling situation....if I can’t settle on a girls’ school then I’ll try to push it off another year and I don't want to make my boys’ crazy with school interviews etc...

I guess I should really start a separate thread for girls’ schools although based on other threads I know I’m going to have a very difficult time.

amother
Firebrick

Post Sat, Mar 24 2018, 9:31 pm
Not that I don't understand you.

Remember that applying and even being accepted still leaves the ball in your court. You can always decide you don't want to send to that place even after you're accepted.

But procrastinating will leave you without any choices at all.

amother
Linen

Post Sat, Mar 24 2018, 9:35 pm
amother wrote:
Not that I don't understand you.

Remember that applying and even being accepted still leaves the ball in your court. You can always decide you don't want to send to that place even after you're accepted.

But procrastinating will leave you without any choices at all.

You're right! I started another thread. Thanks!

amother
Linen

Post Tue, Mar 27 2018, 10:09 am
Does anyone have the contact info for Imrei sheifer?

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, Mar 27 2018, 10:35 am
Maya wrote:
My son was last there two years ago so I don't know exactly what it's like now, but I have family in the cheder and know people who send there so maybe some info will be helpful.

The crowd is mostly regular Chassidish couples from all over who didn't want to be bothered with the insanity of mosdos-name chedarim. The great majority of the boys wear the regular shaved head/long peyos/black kappel.
When my kid was there, there wasn't any dress code or rules for either the kids or the parents, although like I said, most look like your average Chassidish men and women, and very few look totally "modern."
The education is completely in the Chassidish style, with emphasis on being tolerant to all kinds of people. The school is owned and run by a Chassidish Belz guy who wanted a place where everyone can learn in the Chassidish way, regardless of how the parents dress.

I don't know about the class size now; it was pretty small when we were there.
Tuition is $600 a month, and as far as I know, non-negotiable.
The most equivalent girls school is Bnos Derech Yisroel.
The limudei chol program seemed okay, but I believe they had plans to build that up, so I don't know about that now.

I can't comment on the parent-administration communication, as we had somewhat of a special relationship with the admins, but I haven't heard specific complaints.

I also don't know about kids with services, but I do know that the rebbeim have undergone an extensive training program to learn the best ways to reach all children, keep them academically challenged while also catering to the weaker boys so that no one falls through the cracks; and the most effective methods of discipline.

I think that's all

It sounds really great. Does anybody know if there is a comparable cheder in Boro Park?

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Mar 27 2018, 11:24 am
Yikes. I was heavily considering Munkatch for next year. I see people aren’t happy. Can anyone please be more specific? I don’t want to send to wrong school. But choices get limited if mother drives.

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, Mar 27 2018, 12:54 pm
They're on instagram and facebook. Photos and videos will tell you a lot.

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Mar 27 2018, 1:18 pm
Thank you! having a hard time finding it, when you have a chance can you help me out with their names (I guess it's a spelling thing, don't know how they spell it)
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children