Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Monsey School Crisis
1  2  Next

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Jun 14 2017, 3:01 pm
I am not sure if this is a vent or what. I feel like I had it! I am chassidish, and part of a small community. I need to move not because I want to but because I need to. I have a few kids bh, and the moised that I belong to is bh able to take in all my kids besides one. That class is to big and there's nothing to talk about. Basically my move is now all up in the air.. I don't even know what to think! I have a job lined up, and shes waiting for me to sign a contract..time is ticking and getting closer there is so much to do with a move...and we are sooo confused..working on few moisdes...nothing moving...I am giving up!!!!
Was told to move to boro park...its soooo not for me!!!!!
Advice/chizuk????

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Jun 14 2017, 3:46 pm
amother wrote:
I am not sure if this is a vent or what. I feel like I had it! I am chassidish, and part of a small community. I need to move not because I want to but because I need to. I have a few kids bh, and the moised that I belong to is bh able to take in all my kids besides one. That class is to big and there's nothing to talk about. Basically my move is now all up in the air.. I don't even know what to think! I have a job lined up, and shes waiting for me to sign a contract..time is ticking and getting closer there is so much to do with a move...and we are sooo confused..working on few moisdes...nothing moving...I am giving up!!!!
Was told to move to boro park...its soooo not for me!!!!!
Advice/chizuk????

Can you speak to the Rebbe of your chassidus?
They tell us to have more and more children but then they don't get accepted into school. Its very not fair.

amother
Rainbow

Post Wed, Jun 14 2017, 4:28 pm

Last edited by amother on Tue, Jan 04 2022, 8:05 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Jun 14 2017, 6:15 pm
amother wrote:
Can you speak to the Rebbe of your chassidus?
They tell us to have more and more children but then they don't get accepted into school. Its very not fair.

we did...he can't mix into the moisdes...
he suggested boro park..its so not for me!!!

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Jun 14 2017, 6:18 pm
nanny24/7 wrote:
No advice for you. Just hugs. The school crisis in Monsey is really terrible! I live in Boro Park and moved solely to get my kids into school. It's tough. But in the end we settled in here and I am happy. I don't know if that would be right for you.

Thanks...I've heard so much about this crisis...but seeing it now, its nuts!!! Something is going to have to happen in the next year or so, I can't see it going on like this...
I'm curious where did you come from- a small community?
I really can't see myself living in bp!

amother
Rainbow

Post Wed, Jun 14 2017, 6:35 pm

Last edited by amother on Tue, Jan 04 2022, 8:04 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Brown

Post Wed, Jun 14 2017, 7:52 pm
I cannot imagine how frustrating it is to have the whole move put in jeopardy because of one child's school.

I know of a family in Monsey who kept their kids home until the school they wanted to send to, was forced to accepted the child mid-year.

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Jun 14 2017, 8:13 pm
amother wrote:
I cannot imagine how frustrating it is to have the whole move put in jeopardy because of one child's school.

I know of a family in Monsey who kept their kids home until the school they wanted to send to, was forced to accepted the child mid-year.

Thank you!!! Yes it is quite frusturating...the hard part is everyone wanting to talk to me about the move...and I don't feel like explaining and telling everyone everything!!!

Hashem will help like he always does iyh
Yes, I've heard of those that kept kids home... I am not doing this bli neder to my kids...and nor to myself...

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Jun 14 2017, 9:25 pm
My sister moved from one city to another. One school was able to place all her kids except for two. She decided to accept it and found alternative option for those two kids.

Can you split up your girls and send two girls to a different school? I wouldn't send one kid alone, dont want that dc to feel inferior.

amother
Apricot

Post Thu, Jun 15 2017, 4:13 am
amother wrote:
My sister moved from one city to another. One school was able to place all her kids except for two. She decided to accept it and found alternative option for those two kids.

Can you split up your girls and send two girls to a different school? I wouldn't send one kid alone, dont want that dc to feel inferior.

we are working and trying all we could.I wish it were that easy. its just so hard cuz its holding up our entire move...
I really want to send 2 together...I really hope I will be able to ...right now we are just trying for one, the one that is stuck- hubby says there is no choice Sad Sad Sad
I won't be able to do this to him, specifically this child...

amother
Violet

Post Thu, Jun 15 2017, 5:08 am
amother wrote:
we are working and trying all we could.I wish it were that easy. its just so hard cuz its holding up our entire move...
I really want to send 2 together...I really hope I will be able to ...right now we are just trying for one, the one that is stuck- hubby says there is no choice Sad Sad Sad
I won't be able to do this to him, specifically this child...

We have so many schools here in monsey, have you explored all your options?

amother
Apricot

Post Thu, Jun 15 2017, 6:49 am
amother wrote:
We have so many schools here in monsey, have you explored all your options?

I think so....
would love to hear suggestions....

amother
Babypink

Post Thu, Jun 15 2017, 2:47 pm
Did you try imrei binah?

amother
Ruby

Post Thu, Jun 15 2017, 4:53 pm
Op I'm trying to make heads and tails of what's the problem. You say you have to send all your kids to one moisdes? Why? I don't understand when people get so rigid? Please explain. In Lakewood it's a common phenomenon that they attend a few different schools in one family why can't you?

amother
Apricot

Post Thu, Jun 15 2017, 5:18 pm
amother wrote:
Did you try imrei binah?

Thanks for that suggestion... I heard that they are a new moised and only go up until kitah alef, correct me if I'm wrong please!
My son is in kitah daled this year

amother
Apricot

Post Thu, Jun 15 2017, 5:19 pm
amother wrote:
Op I'm trying to make heads and tails of what's the problem. You say you have to send all your kids to one moisdes? Why? I don't understand when people get so rigid? Please explain. In Lakewood it's a common phenomenon that they attend a few different schools in one family why can't you?

No, I am stuck with one kid, as of now he has no cheder to go to for next year

amother
Oak

Post Sat, Jul 08 2017, 10:19 pm
Have you tried Bais Duvid? Imrei Shefer? Supposedly they are not making a big deal to accept new students

happyone

Post Sun, Jul 09 2017, 1:54 am
Here's another side to the story.... last summer over 1500 families moved from bklyn to monsey....
Seriously ? You expect the existing schools to be able to accommodate this growth ? I hear this year its almost similar numbers . It takes time, money, building and alot more. Honestly monsey needs additional scools to accommodate the rapid, overwhelming growth of a community .

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Jul 09 2017, 3:25 am
amother wrote:
Have you tried Bais Duvid? Imrei Shefer? Supposedly they are not making a big deal to accept new students

Bais Dovid is not easy to get into.

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Jul 09 2017, 4:59 am
Sorry if it's not my place to chime in.
If your Rebbe advised you to look in Boro Park, maybe he knows something you don't.
I wouldn't take a Rebbe's advice so lightly
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating