Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Ride on bike for 1.5 year old

lucky14

Post Tue, Jun 06 2017, 2:59 pm
Want to get an outdoor ride-on toy for my child who's 1.5 yrs old. I'd like it to be one that he pushed with his feet (not one that I push him). Has anyone had any experience with any of these products? (or a different one to recommend)?
Also at what age do children start using tricycles with pedals?

radio flyer scoot-about
http://www.radioflyer.com/scoot-about.html

Fly Bike Foldable Indoor/Outdoor Toddlers Glide Tricycle
https://www.amazon.com/Foldabl.....FVAYS

Zoom Bike Trike
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VIK7R5W?psc=1

Is there any way to find something like this under $30? I've been to the local consignment shops and had no luck Sad

lizard8

Post Tue, Jun 06 2017, 3:06 pm
I like the last two. . Honestly, this age any riding toy without wheel is good. Tricycles for the next stage are a lot more difficult to choose. If you have amazing savings or marshalls you can find there for a good price.
Pedals are definitely not for this age, kids usually start between 2-3.

lucky14

Post Tue, Jun 06 2017, 3:24 pm
Thanks lizard8. We don't have an amazing savings, but we do have a Marshalls- I'll go check it out and see if they have anything.

amazingmommy

Post Tue, Jun 06 2017, 6:32 pm
In Brooklyn Jewish stores, I got the fly bike for 25 dollars.
I'm very happy with it! (And so is my son:))

redheaded

Post Tue, Jun 06 2017, 8:49 pm
U go to to know ur kid and where u gonna use it.

I live in populated city, my DC, older then yours, is quick and doesn't concern about safety. I would not put my DC on the last two, they are fast and child can zip off into traffic.

lucky14

Post Wed, Jun 07 2017, 11:36 pm
amazingmommy wrote:
In Brooklyn Jewish stores, I got the fly bike for 25 dollars.
I'm very happy with it! (And so is my son:))

oooh, nice! not in Brooklyn but thanks for letting me know which one you recommend.

lucky14

Post Wed, Jun 07 2017, 11:38 pm
redheaded wrote:
U go to to know ur kid and where u gonna use it.

I live in populated city, my DC, older then yours, is quick and doesn't concern about safety. I would not put my DC on the last two, they are fast and child can zip off into traffic.

Thanks. I don't see my son doing that (on purpose). He doesn't run out into the street or anything (at least not yet- I'm really hoping he doesn't start!).

myname1

Post Thu, Jun 08 2017, 4:12 am
If you have a wealthy-ish neighborhood nearby with a "big trash pick-up" day, you can often find great baby toys like that thrown out, used for 1-2 kids. Maybe Craigslist, too.

queenert

Post Thu, Jun 08 2017, 4:51 pm
The second two are super popular in Israel.
They're great because they last for a long age range - my kids started on them at a little over a year and the three year old is still going strong.

Smile1234

Post Sat, Jun 10 2017, 3:12 pm
Oy, please don't spend $40 on the foldable ones! (The last 2 links are the same thing for all intents and purposes afai can tell.)
We can get them in israel for 50 shekel!

Toys for U in boro park was advertising them for $25 pesach time. Call and see what they sell for now and if its cheaper than the $40 on amazon, if they ship...

My 1.5 yo rides it all the time and loves it. My 4 yo also does. Its great for all ages (until it breaks, we are on our second one. The first I got when ds4 was of age and only bought the second about a year or more after the first broke when 1.5 yo was ready for it.)

lucky14

Post Fri, Jun 16 2017, 12:27 am
no luck in finding any of these for less than $40 Sad
I've looked in the resale stores around here multiple times and craigslist.

I went with the Radio Flyer one since it's the only one I could find at a store that offers free returns (no free returns on amazon and I didn't want to have to pay return shipping in case I/my child didn't like the bike). It should be coming soon, hopefully it works out.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars