Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Frigidaire Affinity front loader

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Jun 20 2017, 10:22 pm
My washing machine rubber got moldy right away because I didn't keep the door open at all times . I heard its possible to change the rubber. Has anyone done it? What was the cost and did it help long term?

Pickle1

Post Tue, Jun 20 2017, 10:31 pm
I work in appliance place and this is the most common complaint we get. the design of a frontloader - is made that water will remain in that front rubber when cycle finishes. if you have a big puddle - dry it with shmatte and throw into dryer. try ur best to keep door open between cycles to air dry - and if u start smelling that musty/moldy smell - run an empty hot cycle with a 1/2 cup of vinegar or bleach (in soap dispenser). if you have mold buildup on rubber - cascade liquid dishwash soap and a shmatta can wipe it off. its usually around $200 to replace the bellow (not a simple repair, can't do it if ur handy) and problem will reoccur if u are not careful abt lving door open and keeping rubber dry
also good maintenance for frontloaders - every 6 mnths run an affresh tablet in it (if u have an affresh setting on ur washer use that, otherwise do a sanitize cycle) this gives the unit a good soap and water cleaning alll the way through including the inner tub behind those holes.

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Jun 20 2017, 10:42 pm
Its $200 just for the rubber then I'll still need to pay a repair guy?

Pickle1

Post Tue, Jun 20 2017, 10:50 pm
our place charges $145 labor plus the part which is usually around $50-60
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics