Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Gift for ganenet?

amother
Tan

Post Sat, Jun 10 2017, 11:04 pm
Need suggestions for gift for my daughter's ganenet who made it a great year. What are the best (safe) options being that I don't know her personally?

aussie2

Post Sun, Jun 11 2017, 12:09 am
Hi,
It really depends how much you want to spend. I have done either gift card to a restaurant in the area, pretty salad bowl w/ servers (it was exchangeable in case she had too many bowls..), gift card to book store (s/t like manny's which has kids, adult books and judaica items so I felt there was enough of a selection for her to find something..)
You other option is to ask her what she would prefer or if another parent knows her better etc.. if you know any of her relatives (I knew a sister in law once.. I asked her and it was nice to get s/t I knew she would like..)
Hatzlacaha!

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, Jun 11 2017, 9:58 am
Please do not buy her a bowl. It is overdone! Id rather a gift certificate in a normal store.

amother
Tan

Post Sun, Jun 11 2017, 11:38 am
amother wrote:
Please do not buy her a bowl. It is overdone! Id rather a gift certificate in a normal store.

What is a normal store?

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Jun 14 2017, 12:54 pm
Please give me suggestions of where to get a gift card to? I would prefer that it be something 'personal' for the the teacher to enjoy and not something generic. But still have no idea what she would like so I wouldn't get her a gift card for a massage....any ideas??

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, Jun 14 2017, 1:56 pm
amother wrote:
Please give me suggestions of where to get a gift card to? I would prefer that it be something 'personal' for the the teacher to enjoy and not something generic. But still have no idea what she would like so I wouldn't get her a gift card for a massage....any ideas??

I think what you are asking is a bit of a contradiction.

I give movie passes. If that doesn't work, how about a book store.

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Jun 22 2017, 4:13 am
How much money is a nice amount for a gift card?

salt

Post Thu, Jun 22 2017, 4:28 am
In Israel, in all my kid's gamin, the parents have collected together for a gift.
If you want to give something personal, I would say a gift card for 100 shekels.
Less than that on a gift card looks stingy.
If you don't want to spend that amount of money, you can buy an actual gift for cheaper, then they don't see the actual price (unless they go and exchange it, then they'll see). And anyway, you say you wouldn't know what she'd want.
I'd go for a book store - she can get a fiction book, a reference book, a kid's book, even stationery if they have, there'll be something she'll like.

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Jun 22 2017, 4:39 am
salt wrote:
In Israel, in all my kid's gamin, the parents have collected together for a gift.
If you want to give something personal, I would say a gift card for 100 shekels.
Less than that on a gift card looks stingy.
If you don't want to spend that amount of money, you can buy an actual gift for cheaper, then they don't see the actual price (unless they go and exchange it, then they'll see). And anyway, you say you wouldn't know what she'd want.
I'd go for a book store - she can get a fiction book, a reference book, a kid's book, even stationery if they have, there'll be something she'll like.

Thanks salt but could 100 look cheap?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics