Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Help Me Quit!

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Jun 21 2017, 1:42 pm
So, I've been doing this part-time job for about 3 years now. It's work from home. Some weeks there is no work, others there a a huge amount...more than I can possibly do in a week. Very inconsistent. And a HUGE headache. I don't make a lot of money at all. I've wanted to quit for a long time. BUT... I really don't qualify for anything else, and I'm actually really good at this job. BUT, on the other hand, I make very little money, and I really hate it.

SO, we consulted a rav in March, who told me to quit half of it. Keeping 2 out of the 5 accounts I have. Just at that time, about a week later, there was a tremendous upheaval within the company, and it was unclear which of my accounts would no longer be there anyway, so we decided to see how it all played out. As it turns out, all 5 are still with the company, and I am back to my original situation.

OK..fine I could "dump" three as originally planned...BUT we have a Bar Mitzvah to pay for, and dh is really stressed about finances, and things are super-tight.

BUT...I SO HATE this.....I get tons of work dumped on me some weeks, and I've tried to tell my accounts they need to be more responsible so I can meet deadlines, but no one cares. Anyway, it's a huge headache, and now I don't know what to do. (The only person who got them to be somewhat more responsible is no longer with the company. Sigh.)

We homeschool our kids (which is my full-time job) and there is a lot of pressure with that, and certain educational struggles that some of the kids have are keeping me very occupied and stressed. (When we all decided I should quit, I was so stressed out with the schooling, that is was a total no-brainer I should quit, and focus solely on the kids.)

BUT...there is so much financial pressure that has crept up since March. And dh adds things like, "This person is so nice...how can you "dump" his account" Or "We've known that person for over 20 years! How can you get rid of that account?" So, I end up feeling really guilty.

OK...that's my crazy story! Please help me find the courage to quit....my sanity depends on it! Thank you!

redheaded

Post Wed, Jun 21 2017, 6:59 pm
Can you send them an email on a quiet week, requesting specific documents that you know will give you a head start on upcoming deadlines?

amother
Apricot

Post Thu, Jun 22 2017, 11:10 am
redheaded wrote:
Can you send them an email on a quiet week, requesting specific documents that you know will give you a head start on upcoming deadlines?

OP here: I tried that last winter, before I was going to quit half of the accounts. I set up and emailed an exact schedule of when everything needed to be submitted. It didn't work. The I set up deadlines were kvetched about and repeatedly ignored.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics