Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
FOUND! Affordable tznius comfy tops that don't need shells!
Previous  1  2

seeker

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 5:38 pm
amother wrote:
Are these shirts very fitted/tight?

Ugh, I typed a whole descriptive response and it seems it got lost in cyberspace.

They run very true to size. I do not wear tight tops and I even got a second opinion to be sure because they are made from a kind of clingy material and I didn't want to take chances of making the wrong judgment call. If you get your regular size then it is nicely fitted, and if you size up then it's more of a roomy fit but still looks fine, if you feel more comfortable being less fitted. I actually bought one shirt that was a size larger than the others I chose because I liked the design a lot and they didn't have it in my regular size. I decided that while it was roomy, it didn't look too baggy and the neck was still great so I went for it. Of course if you try one that's too small then it will look tight and I'm sure there are people who are buying it that way on purpose. If you're well-endowed you will likely want to size up and may find some styles less flattering than others, but I was shopping with someone like that and even she found a few things to like.

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 6:14 pm
seeker wrote:
Ugh, I typed a whole descriptive response and it seems it got lost in cyberspace.

They run very true to size. I do not wear tight tops and I even got a second opinion to be sure because they are made from a kind of clingy material and I didn't want to take chances of making the wrong judgment call. If you get your regular size then it is nicely fitted, and if you size up then it's more of a roomy fit but still looks fine, if you feel more comfortable being less fitted. I actually bought one shirt that was a size larger than the others I chose because I liked the design a lot and they didn't have it in my regular size. I decided that while it was roomy, it didn't look too baggy and the neck was still great so I went for it. Of course if you try one that's too small then it will look tight and I'm sure there are people who are buying it that way on purpose. If you're well-endowed you will likely want to size up and may find some styles less flattering than others, but I was shopping with someone like that and even she found a few things to like.

Thanks for your response. I saw shirts in Elzee awhile ago that seem similar to these. I am "well-endowed" and also not thin (not really overweight, but definitely not thin) and they were way too clingy on me - tight on the chest and showed every bit of belly fat. I felt like I was wearing a regular shell that had a pattern. It was disappointing because the necks we great and the patterns were pretty. Glad they work for you though Very Happy

studying_torah

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 9:19 pm
dickies .... makes me think of the '80s.... now I feel old Smile

Seriously

Post Tue, Jun 20 2017, 3:51 am
seeker wrote:
Where's Designers Spot? I like the idea of the $22 skirts amother speaks of... I'm looking for skirts in a couple of colors to pull together outfits. Maybe it's a midlife crisis or something but I have very suddenly and radically shifted from my previous philosophy of "just go with black, it matches everything and saves so much time" to craving coordinated colors. Too bad I'm breaking the bank in the process embarrassed

O well... Cuz black is back!
Ug I was just at a simcha and everyone was wearing black and white!
We had come so far...

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Jun 20 2017, 4:08 am
My mother and sinlings bought on amazon. Jess n jane and they r really nice but run big. Buy a size smaller than u need.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....ref=plSrch

Are the necks good on these?

cnc

Post Tue, Jun 20 2017, 4:17 am
Seriously wrote:
O well... Cuz black is back!
Ug I was just at a simcha and everyone was wearing black and white!
We had come so far...

I've also seen a lot of black and white lately (by simchas) , but I don't think color is going out anytime soon. Along with the black and white , I've been seeing lots of pinks and pastels for Shabbos and color for everyday.

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, Jun 20 2017, 4:25 am
guys I just wanted to put out there the possibility of eznecklastic. Basically it is a thin elasticy plasticy thing that you thread through the neckline and it makes it higher. If you follow the instructions, you can make the bunching in the back, instead of the front of the shirt, and the front lies flat. I did this with a bunch of my shirts, and that is how I got 5 shirts from non jewish stores for a fraction of the price of these Jewish stores.

cnc

Post Tue, Jun 20 2017, 4:26 am
amother wrote:
guys I just wanted to put out there the possibility of eznecklastic. Basically it is a thin elasticy plasticy thing that you thread through the neckline and it makes it higher. If you follow the instructions, you can make the bunching in the back, instead of the front of the shirt, and the front lies flat. I did this with a bunch of my shirts, and that is how I got 5 shirts from non jewish stores for a fraction of the price of these Jewish stores.

Does it require sewing?

mfb

Post Tue, Jun 20 2017, 5:00 am
cnc wrote:
Does it require sewing?

It has very clear instructions, its very basic put the thread in and follow instructions. I know people wjo don't sew anything that use it.

Pookie27

Post Thu, Jun 22 2017, 4:52 pm
There's also another store on Avenue J & East 12th St in Brooklyn that has tons of modest tops, skirts and shabbos robes very cheap. I think it's called Midwood Designer Outlet. They have Devorah's Secret and other brands like Kikki Rikki.

imeinu

Post Thu, Jun 22 2017, 4:59 pm
studying_torah wrote:
dickies .... makes me think of the '80s.... now I feel old Smile

by now you should know what goes around comes around... Very Happy
http://www.headsuphairwear.com......html

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jun 22 2017, 5:19 pm
imeinu wrote:
by now you should know what goes around comes around... Very Happy
http://www.headsuphairwear.com......html

We never wore those. Our dickies were the necklines we had the dressmaker sew out of matching material for the space between the jacket lapels, with snaps so they were removable. Smile

Charnie

Post Tue, May 28 2019, 1:19 pm
Because these posts are two years old, just wanted to update everyone that Eishes Chayil is again carrying the Paniz line of 3/4 sleeve shirts. As noted before, they have great necklines that don't stretch out, and they wear well. I still have several I bought 3+ years ago and got a lot of wear during the summer. No shell needed, even under solid white.

For those of you in Crown Heights, Kew Gardens Hills is a very short drive, Jackie Robinson to Van Wyke N, get off at 72nd, right turn on Main and there are you are, next to the movie theatre.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics