Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Dresses for Wearing to Chasunos!

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Jun 22 2017, 9:15 am
Mazal tov! All of a sudden DD's friends are getting married in droves and the two chasuna dresses she has are not going to be enough. I am looking for dresses that are appropriate for a kallah moid, and don't need a lot of "tzniusizing." I am realistic and understand that some work may be needed, but no remaking garments and the less the better. Also, people around here really aren't wearing jumpers anymore. I am not absolutely ruling them out, but would much prefer something with sleeves.

happy to be me

Post Thu, Jun 22 2017, 10:04 am
Where are you located?

HonesttoGod

Post Thu, Jun 22 2017, 10:04 am
Check Apparalel on instagram
Or Fuschia NY
or Fame on Central Ave Cedarhurst.

PAMOM

Post Thu, Jun 22 2017, 10:52 am
Nordstrom

Maya

Post Thu, Jun 22 2017, 11:45 am
Century 21

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Jun 22 2017, 12:06 pm
What's your budget wehere are you located?
Try sareka, esti's, blew in monsey.

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Jun 22 2017, 12:20 pm
Maya wrote:
Century 21

I'd always try Nordstrom Rack and Off Fifth first. I've seen gorgeous Tadashi Shoji dresses for under $100 there. Friends have also had luck at TJ Maxx, but you need to go to one in an upscale neighborhood that has a "runway" section.

But its difficult to find a dress with both sleeves and an acceptable neckline outside of "frum" stores; its even more difficult if you don't want to look like the grandmother of the bride. I've resigned myself to wearing a shrug.

PAMOM

Post Thu, Jun 22 2017, 12:44 pm
Definitely Nordstrom Rack. I got a gorgreous dress for a wedding there-- high neck and spaghetti straps but with a 3/4 length jacket that comes down to elbows and isn't see through. It was 600, marked down to 119 because it was last year's color (not last year's style). It was bluish purple instead of eggplant!

skcomputer

Post Thu, Jun 22 2017, 12:55 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
I'd always try Nordstrom Rack and Off Fifth first. I've seen gorgeous Tadashi Shoji dresses for under $100 there. Friends have also had luck at TJ Maxx, but you need to go to one in an upscale neighborhood that has a "runway" section.

But its difficult to find a dress with both sleeves and an acceptable neckline outside of "frum" stores; its even more difficult if you don't want to look like the grandmother of the bride. I've resigned myself to wearing a shrug.

TJ Maxx has a lot of formal dresses on-line. Free shipping with ~$89. Return at any TJ Maxx store. Nordstrom also has a big selection on-line with free shipping both ways.

cnc

Post Thu, Jun 22 2017, 1:01 pm
What is your budget and location? You'll have the most luck and the easiest time at the frum stores. They're usually pricy though but there are a lot of sales now.

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Jun 22 2017, 4:06 pm
I am in manhattan. I tried century 21 bit nothing w sleeves. I prefer online, frankly. It's more efficient.

amother
Lime

Post Thu, Jun 22 2017, 4:30 pm
The frum stores are your best bet. You mentioned you don't wanna do mending

You do know that your asking for something nearly impossible. Online and tznius and little mending is a hard one since you can't tell how they will look on the person

Good luck

cnc

Post Thu, Jun 22 2017, 4:39 pm
amother wrote:
I am in manhattan. I tried century 21 bit nothing w sleeves. I prefer online, frankly. It's more efficient.

I honestly think frum stores will be more efficient for what you need. I probably do 98% of my shopping online but there are some situations where you're just going to need the frum stores especially if you don't want to do alterations and especially considering that it's summer now so most "non Jewish" clothing don't have sleeves.

I needed a dress for weddings and tried Lord and Taylor and Nordstrom and Saks and Bloomingdales and Amazon , but after returning an endless amount of boxes I just went to a frum store and had success immediately.

tigerwife

Post Thu, Jun 22 2017, 5:25 pm
Try searching for illusion dresses. I've found a nice amount of dresses with a high neck and long sleeves in this style, and I find that a shell looks natural under the sheer material.

oliveoil

Post Thu, Jun 22 2017, 9:14 pm
If you wait a couple of months you'll have more options, when the stores start getting in the fall clothes.

At the moment, very hard to find anything workable.

amother
Ivory

Post Thu, Jun 22 2017, 9:22 pm
SixOfWands wrote:

Century 21 is similar to the stores you mention.

nechamad

Post Thu, Jun 22 2017, 10:20 pm
Betsy and Adam Ilusion dresses at Macy's. They look like 2-piece but they actually have a black mesh-type waist and it's all one dress. Looks great with a black shell. And Macy's always has sales.

allcuteonesrtak

Post Fri, Jun 23 2017, 5:01 am
amother wrote:

If u prefer to buy online - try Neiman Marcus and Nordstrom. Free shipping and free returns

You can also find some luck with Asos.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics