Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Library- jewish book list? Please advise

dr. pepper

Post Thu, Jun 22 2017, 10:08 pm
I am interested in giving my local library a list of Jewish books, from youth to adult but have no idea where to gather such information from. They've already expressed a desire to meet the needs of the growing Orthodox population here.

I know that the library in Monsey has lots of Jewish books and wondering if anyone knows of a list that is already out there that I can springboard from; instead of reinventing the wheel.
Thanks in advance!

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Jun 23 2017, 2:18 pm
This might be tedious but you can start by going to the major publishing websites and compiling lists of books. These include Artscroll, Feldheim, their other imprints, Judaica Press, Israel Bookshop, CIS, Hachai, Marshmallow comics (or something like that).
This is just a start. There are more. You can go to a sefarim store and look around too.

What you need is a non-academic Judaica library that has an inventory, preferably an on-line one that they'd like to share. Maybe start a thread titled: Are you a Judaica library with a catalog you can share?

Hatzlacha!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics