Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Ever joined a diet support group that helped you?

amother
Yellow

Post Fri, Jun 23 2017, 7:25 pm
Which ine was it?
Except for OA.
Thanks.

momomany

Post Sat, Jun 24 2017, 9:59 pm
GSA. Greysheeters Anonymous
14 years ago. Lost 90 lb the first year and am at that weight today. Had 2 babies and made bar mitzvas, weddings, traveled overseas all on program. Baruch hashem saved my life. My triglycerides and cholesterol numbers were wildly abnormal and my dr was discussing surgery with me. Baruch hashem my bloodwork is now all normal and I did not have to go under the knife

amother
Lime

Post Sat, Jun 24 2017, 10:13 pm
Isn't grey sheet and OA basically the same thing? 90% of people gain all the weight back, and more. Not to mention how unpleasant they are to hang out when they're on it. It's literally the only thing they talk about.

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Jun 25 2017, 12:13 am
Shrink/Grow - Dr. Koslowitz. Psychological principles for weight loss. Not a diet group in the sense that she doesn't give a diet, but a support group for sticking to the diet you are on. I highly recommend.

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Jun 25 2017, 12:14 am
amother wrote:
Shrink/Grow - Dr. Koslowitz. Psychological principles for weight loss. Not a diet group in the sense that she doesn't give a diet, but a support group for sticking to the diet you are on. I highly recommend.

Thanks how can I join it?

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, Jun 25 2017, 1:01 am
amother wrote:
Isn't grey sheet and OA basically the same thing? 90% of people gain all the weight back, and more. Not to mention how unpleasant they are to hang out when they're on it. It's literally the only thing they talk about.

A friend of mine has been on gray sheet for almost 20 years. I believe it is a form of OA. She loves it and finds it a tremendous support. I'm not into that type of thing. We've managed to find plenty other things to talk about. Maybe the people you know who were on it were trying it as a fad diet. It appears to be more like a life system.

SavtaHelen

Post Sun, Jun 25 2017, 6:46 am
try Bright Line Eating or google "susan peirce thompson".

amother
Lavender

Post Sun, Jun 25 2017, 6:58 am
momomany wrote:
GSA. Greysheeters Anonymous
14 years ago. Lost 90 lb the first year and am at that weight today. Had 2 babies and made bar mitzvas, weddings, traveled overseas all on program. Baruch hashem saved my life. My triglycerides and cholesterol numbers were wildly abnormal and my dr was discussing surgery with me. Baruch hashem my bloodwork is now all normal and I did not have to go under the knife

That's so awesome! Good for you!

amother
Lavender

Post Sun, Jun 25 2017, 7:00 am
I am on Tanya Rosen's diet and I love it. Best diet, I love the food and I am never hungry.

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Jun 25 2017, 8:05 am
I would suggest "Weigh-To-Go" It's not a group thing. It's one on one.
The one running it is very educated and supportive. So I've heard.

I don't have a weight issue bH but have some friends and relatives who joined that program and have been very successful keeping their weight off for lengthy periods.

My niece lost 80 lbs and is still maintaining it after 4 years.
She claims that the program is easy to follow. No counting calories nor weighing the foods and feels energetic all the time.

Another acquaintance of mine lost 90 lbs through that program. Her husband eventually joined too and also lost allot of weight. She wouldn't share with me how much but he too is unrecognisable... They are both maintaining it for about 3 years now.

I don't have the phone number the but if you are interested I can ask my niece for it.

snoopy613

Post Sun, Jun 25 2017, 7:42 pm
Hi thanks
I would be interested in that information. if not too hard to get thanks

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Jun 25 2017, 10:36 pm
Are these online? I am desperately looking for an online support program..... Anyone? Tia
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise