Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
How important is negel vasser?
Previous  1  2

Iymnok

Post Sun, Jun 25 2017, 1:36 pm
Same as HY. Anytime after alos hashachar.
Wash one and one after the bathroom. Four times alternating upon waking in the morning, and cutting hair or nails.
When designing our bedroom, we put a sink in the room so that we don't have this question. The sink is less than 4 Amos from our beds.
We wash baby boys hands as a segula for an on time bris. We generally forget after that. Now my baby wants to when she sees me washing.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Jun 25 2017, 4:16 pm
Also we were told not to be makpid on kids until 5 or 6 in terms of being worried about ruach ra transferring to food, etc

We wash in our bathroom, as per the derech of my husband's yeshiva, but it's nice because we have a master bathroom so it's not a big deal. My kids either wash in the bathroom or kitchen, depending on what is available.

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Jun 25 2017, 5:01 pm
We are Sephardic
We hold washing near the bed
My FIL built a sink right outside his bed room, exactly 4 paces from his bed.
We don't wash after using the bathroom in the toilet room, but use the sink in the room with the bathtub.
I state it this way, be cause the toilet in the master bedroom is in a seperate room than the bathtub and sink.
When using the downstairs powder room, we wash with soap in the bathroom, then wash with a cup in the kitchen.

For those that DO NOT wash in the bathroom, do you fill the cup in the bathroom?

I know ppl that will only fill the cup with a sink outside the bathroom, which is a real pain because sometimes the only sink outside the bathroom is downstairs in the kitchen.

We also wash our kids hands since they are new born. New born with wash cloth though
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions