Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Ezra medical center pediatrics

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Jun 25 2017, 3:06 pm
Can anyone share their experiences? Is it like a clinic or do they actually know who you are? Would you recommend/ not recommend them? Which dr specifically? Do they have convenient hours?

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Jun 25 2017, 4:52 pm
Assuming you are just a mother looking for information, I'll give you mine.

Dr teitelbaum is the best. You can ask the front desk for his hours.

It's a clinic. So I don't know if they will know you well.

I have been there the last time more then 5 years ago. I think it's worth it for you to try them and see what your experience is.

It might have changed since I went there. It probably did.

I'm sure Ezra medical center would like to hear what others have to say so I was nervous it might just be some of their people looking to get what people say.

I don't know who you are but if you are someone from their place. You should add a good pediatrician there. It would be smart as there are plenty of people who are looking for a good pediatrician.

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Jun 25 2017, 4:57 pm
I'm a mother with no ulterior motives! Just never found anyone I like in boro park... Can I ask why you left? I don't need them to know me very well, but some personal connection would be nice...

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, Jun 25 2017, 5:20 pm
I was thrilled with Dr. Petty. I don't think any pediatrician I've ever tried (and I've tried many) comes close. We moved out of town and miss her terribly.

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Jun 25 2017, 6:01 pm
I left a smaller practice to join Ezra. I'm thrilled there. I use Dr. Kadar for my kids , Dr. Teitelbaum for my dh and Dr. Teitelbaum or PA Kessler for myself. I don't feel like a number even though there are a lot of patients. I have a relationship with the doctors there. The waiting time is minimal and they're very efficient about being on top of things (prompt callback for results etc.).
I use the dentist for my kids too but they've never had any issues or cavities so I don't have much experience with that department.
I couldn't be happier there.

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Jun 25 2017, 6:05 pm
THank you! Does dr teitlbaum see children?

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Jun 25 2017, 6:10 pm
amother wrote:
THank you! Does dr teitlbaum see children?

Yes. (Although when I started there, he wasn't doing pediatrics. He's actually the medical director. I did hear that at this point he sees children.)

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Jun 25 2017, 6:44 pm
Also, do I have to choose a specific dr as my child's pcp for insurance purposes?

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Jun 25 2017, 6:45 pm
He's doing pediatrics for along time. I left Ezra because I joined dr diamond and thought he would be better. I never tried all the other doctors there. I actually didn't use Ezra medical center for more then 2-3 visits. So I can't tell what it's like there too well.

Dr diamond unfortunately is basically not in his practice either. I moved to Lakewood so I'm not familiar very well with Ezra medical center.

I'm using dr fenster now in Lakewood and I am so so happy I know this doesn't actually help you I was just gonna say this cause I sounded negative and wanted to clear that up. It's hard to find a devoted pediatrician these days. It's really not usual.

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Jun 25 2017, 6:53 pm
amother wrote:
Also, do I have to choose a specific dr as my child's pcp for insurance purposes?

Yes- but it has no effect on who you actually see for visits.

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Jun 25 2017, 7:26 pm
I haven't been there for a few years due to the fact that I moved to Lakewood but here's my experience:

I was thrilled! I had two medical emergencies under their care (once with dr kadar once with doctor petty) /'d the care and attention I got was unbelievable. They were on top of the situation and available. They both also knew me on a personal basis (and I did not go that often - I lived in Israel and only went when I was in the US for yt or a simcha). They both recognized me and knew me by name.
In addition, dr Petty discovered an orthopedic issue in one of my kids that the orthopedist commented almost no dr would have noticed!
They are thorough and caring and efficient

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, Jun 25 2017, 7:47 pm
I use Dr kadar, and very happy. I feel he knows me and my Childrens and treats me like his patient...not like a clinic. I do at times see that other docs if he's not in....but I specially go to him for any issues or concerns .
Waiting time is pretty decent.
Sometimes the front desk can get annoying and be very clinic like, won't bend their rule for very specific situation.

But all in all I'm pretty happy.

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Jun 25 2017, 8:54 pm
I've used them for the past 7 years and am very happy. I mostly use dr petty, my kids like her and I'm happy with her too. The only drawback is that they don't practice in Maimonidies, so they can't come check your newborn.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics