Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Dyeing a Sheitel Yourself

Savta S

Post Sun, Jun 25 2017, 3:17 pm
I have a sheitel whose color I'm not happy with and am considering dyeing it myself and save the $. Has anyone got any experience doing this? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Jun 26 2017, 6:12 am
Be very careful, you can't apply it as long as normal hair, plus beware of not tincting the skull of it. Sorry I don't know the terms in English.

Savta S

Post Mon, Jun 26 2017, 8:09 am
I assume you mean for less time. How much less? It`s processed hair. Incidentally, it`s not long, about chin length. Why is it a problem if the insides get any dye on it?

jflower

Post Mon, Jun 26 2017, 9:14 am
http://www.imamother.com/forum.....t=dye

Please check out my instructions in the thread linked above. I've done this quite a few times with excellent results but have not dyed a sheitel with very processed hair so I'm not sure what your results will be.

Can you ask your sheitelmacher if it's safe to dye?

WastingTime

Post Mon, Jun 26 2017, 3:37 pm
I have done it numerous times, bH with good results

1- you need to find out exactly which color to purchase. The color you need cannot only be deciphered by how you want it to look, you need to take into account what color the wig is now, to know how it will come out. So for example I buy number 4 dye (in Israel) for my dark brown wig to make it darker. My hair is near black, but if I bought a darker dye it would be too dark

2- My sheitelmacher told me to leave it 40 minutes on, but the first time I did it I followed the box directions (which was less) and it was fine

3- careful where you put it down int he process. Besides making sure it isn't leaning on anything (and therefore the dye might not set in that place) you should make sure the sun isnt beating on it etc.

4- as with real hair, you do it on a d dry dirty wig. But with real hair you are not supposed to shampoo after, with a wig you do, (and use the intensive conditioner).

5- Do you have a sheitelmacher you normally use who can give you 3 minutes of advice. Most would, especially if they want to keep their customers happy.

good luck!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels