Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Asked for too low salary at interview

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Jun 26 2017, 6:42 pm
Please advise!
I knew what yearly salary I wanted, but have not thought how that translates into hourly rate. The interviewer asked for the hourly rate I am interested in and I gauged a number which I realize now is very low. I did write desired yearly amount on my application though, so they have both amounts, but those numbers don't add up. Can this situation be rectified? Tia

macadamia

Post Mon, Jun 26 2017, 6:50 pm
If they call you to discuss further details or to sign contract or if you decide to call when it makes sense, I think you can mention that you knew what to make on yearly but when you calculated hourly you made a mistske. Come ready with the right recalculated number. Any HR expert here to advise?

cnc

Post Mon, Jun 26 2017, 7:48 pm
macadamia wrote:
If they call you to discuss further details or to sign contract or if you decide to call when it makes sense, I think you can mention that you knew what to make on yearly but when you calculated hourly you made a mistske. Come ready with the right recalculated number. Any HR expert here to advise?

Not in HR- but this sounds right.

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Jun 26 2017, 8:32 pm
Thank you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics