Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Suggestions for Monsey yeshivish wedding in August

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Jun 25 2017, 1:14 am
Hi, I live in Israel (DL) and am clueless about US yeshivish simcha fashion expectations.

We are attending a wedding in Monsey in August, and I'd like suggestions for something to wear. Can anyone please post pictures of the type of things that are usually worn? I'd just like to get a general idea of what to expect so I can at least somewhat fit in.

BTW, I cannot wear heels. How odd will flats look at such an occassion?

Thanks so much!

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Jun 26 2017, 10:44 pm
Bump. Anyone?

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Jun 26 2017, 10:57 pm
How old are you or tall are you? (you don't have to answer, but think about it.)

Most people wear heels, unless older than 45/50 or extremely tall, even if they are small heels (1-2"). However, just because most people do, if you can't, you can't.

Oftentimes, Israelis look different and "Israeli" ... embrace it. Don't go out of your way to try too hard.

tigerwife

Post Tue, Jun 27 2017, 12:15 am
TBH, no one will attack you for looking different than the rest of them. In fact, you will surely find that you won't be the only person in alternate dress. And it's totally ok! The point is to be mesameach the kallah and enjoy the wedding.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Jun 27 2017, 1:37 am
Thanks for replying! I just wanted some basic guidelines re: how formal, and how covered up I will need to be.

My chef concerns: It is August (I'm thinking, hot, humid East Coast weather) and I want to travel light (no garment bags to schlepp around). So I need something that can pack easily and that is breathable although sufficiently modest.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics