Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Bikur Cholim Question

madys

Post Tue, Jun 27 2017, 10:11 am
My father is in the hospital - NY Presbyterian Queens - I am religious, he is not. Would bikur cholim visit with him?

I won't be able to go until later tonight, and I feel terrible that he is alone.

He is 80 and not in the best of health, I've already taken off work so many days for him being unwell. I know he is stable in the hospital, but I still feel so bad that he doesn't have anyone with him.

Thanks

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Jun 27 2017, 10:45 am
Call them and ask. The mitzva is not how religious the benefactor is. The mitzva is a mitzva. Don't b e shy, call them

out-of-towner

Post Tue, Jun 27 2017, 10:51 am
When my kids wee in the hospital, a Biker Cholim liason came around almost daily. No idea how they figured out who to visit, but in my case, DH and I looked obviously Frum. Maybe call the liason for the hospital and give him your father's info and ask them to come by. The people that stopped into our room came just to say hi, often with a baked good or treat, and stayed as long as they saw we wanted them. They were so amazing!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries