Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
Hamburgers on the grill please help

Maryann

Post Mon, Jun 26 2017, 9:44 am
How do you do this? I made this last night and when I turned the burgers over they all stuck to the grates of the BBQ grill. How can I prevent this?
Oil the grates? And how do u do this? Run over grates with brush with oil, before I turn grill on?

Thks!

cnc

Post Mon, Jun 26 2017, 9:46 am
Was the grill very hot when you put the burgers on?

Maryann

Post Mon, Jun 26 2017, 9:52 am
Yes, if the grill is on its hot?
Do u mean If it was on low? I don't remember if it was on low or high but I'd imagine its pretty hot on both

MagentaYenta

Post Mon, Jun 26 2017, 9:53 am
Meat will stick when the grill is not hot enough. Start your coals and put the grill on. When the coals are covered in white ash spread them around and then put the meat on. The grill is hot enough when you cannot hold your hand 3" over it for 10 seconds.

Maryann

Post Mon, Jun 26 2017, 10:38 am
Ok Thx... I didn't know this
But I have electric grill... There is fire and yes its boiling

Karnash

Post Mon, Jun 26 2017, 10:52 am
Dip half an onion in oil, spear the onion with a long fork and use it to rub the grates with oil before you put your burgers on the grill.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jun 26 2017, 11:22 am
Maryann wrote:
How do you do this? I made this last night and when I turned the burgers over they all stuck to the grates of the BBQ grill. How can I prevent this?
Oil the grates? And how do u do this? Run over grates with brush with oil, before I turn grill on?

Thks!

Were they all beef burgers or were there fillers inside like eggs and crumbs? They need to be all beef.

madys

Post Mon, Jun 26 2017, 11:54 am
I spray pam on the grill before putting the meat on

Maryann

Post Mon, Jun 26 2017, 12:25 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Were they all beef burgers or were there fillers inside like eggs and crumbs? They need to be all beef.

I've never done just beef before, I didn't even know that you can. I thought the meat won't stick together so I always thought u needed to add eggs and some bread crumbs.

So I'm planning to try this tonight, so I should just take the pack of ground beef and pack patties and then straight on the grill?
And make sure the grill is boiling.. Thx so much for all ur help

Btw sometimes my chicken also sticks.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jun 26 2017, 12:33 pm
Maryann wrote:
I've never done just beef before, I didn't even know that you can. I thought the meat won't stick together so I always thought u needed to add eggs and some bread crumbs.

So I'm planning to try this tonight, so I should just take the pack of ground beef and pack patties and then straight on the grill?
And make sure the grill is boiling.. Thx so much for all ur help

Btw sometimes my chicken also sticks.

Yes but season the ground meat nicely before forming the patties. Fresh crushed garlic, enough salt, and whatever seasoning you like.

Maryann

Post Mon, Jun 26 2017, 12:34 pm
Ok great can't wait! I'll let you know how they work out! I just clraned my grill!!!

greenfire

Post Mon, Jun 26 2017, 12:36 pm
I always put a little olive oil & use a thin stainless steel flipper to get under for the turn ...

please never use a spray can near a grill as it can explode from the heat !!!

allcuteonesrtak

Post Tue, Jun 27 2017, 12:22 pm
madys wrote:
I spray pam on the grill before putting the meat on

Spraying a combustible can is really dangerous.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics