Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Who watches your kids before & after school?

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Jun 27 2017, 11:16 am
I'm having so much trouble figuring this out. What do you do? (Unless you work very short hours) I'm only working 9-3 but with a some commute I need to leave alittle before the bus and come home a little after. This is preschool not nursery or babysitting were I could just find someone with longer hours.

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, Jun 27 2017, 11:30 am
Either my husband or I pay a girl to come and play with them and take them to camp. After camp it's more babysitters or family if they can. Very expensive.

mha3484

Post Tue, Jun 27 2017, 11:37 am
My husband I stagger our schedules. I chose a play group for the fall that starts at 8:30 so I can take both of my kids before I go to work. My husband picks them up.

saw50st8

Post Tue, Jun 27 2017, 11:40 am
My husband is home with them until 8:20 when he drops them at school. They are enrolled in a school after care program at the school until 5:30 (it goes until 6:30). I pick them up at 5:30.

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Jun 27 2017, 11:45 am
My husband in the morning , my mom in the afternoon. Its really difficult.

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Jun 27 2017, 3:13 pm
Growing up we had a neighbor that left to work early and her kids used to come and just sit on our couch until carpool time. Most houses are pretty hectic in the morning but if it's only a few minutes until the bus maybe it's an option if your kids are well behaved like that.

farm

Post Tue, Jun 27 2017, 3:20 pm
Babysitter full time. It's the only way. Too many random days off and half days over the course of the year, break between school and camp, etc. More economical if you have a baby at home anyway. Some people invite others to drop their baby off so they can share the costs or send their sitter out during the day to others for cleaning jobs if they don't have their own baby that needs care all day.

Miri7

Post Tue, Jun 27 2017, 3:38 pm
This is the hardest thing about being working parents!! We are lucky that our bus drop off is 7:30am. Then DH drops preschooler off at 8 close to his work.

He and I take turns picking up from the bus at 4:45 and preschool at 5.

Before, when we didn't have such flexible afternoon schedules we hired a sitter to do school pickup and stay with the kids for 2 hours. It was hard finding good sitters who could drive and wanted such shirt but regular hours.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics