Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
How can you work with your kids home?

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, Jun 27 2017, 9:15 pm
I used to push through but my kids are getting older but not old enough to be left to thier own devices.
How do you do It?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Jun 27 2017, 9:20 pm
Badly Rolling Eyes. I finally had to start sending them to daycamp. It was either spend the money I didn't have for the two months of daycamp, or lose the job I had and not make any money at all. I can make it work for a small vacation, like Chanuka or midwinter, usually, but since they got older I find it impossible to still do it for the whole summer.

tigerwife

Post Tue, Jun 27 2017, 9:28 pm
I send them out. It's not really possible to get much done otherwise, and if I feel guilty about it, I remember that sitting them in front of a video and snapping at them when they are disrupting my work is probably way worse than a few hours by a sitter.

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Jun 27 2017, 9:29 pm
Are your hours flexible? Do you have a laptop with wireless? I sit outside while my kids play in the back yard, they have summer workbooks that I bought on amazon as well as supplements from school for the summer. I do what's immediately necessary during daytime hours and save the rest for after bedtime. In order to do this though I have to take care of regular household stuff during the day wth the kids as well like laundry, making dinner etc

I guess it also depends on if you need to make phone calls and if your hours are set for specific times.

Pickle1

Post Tue, Jun 27 2017, 10:09 pm
working and kids home are contradictory - totally impossible! crazy frustrating! whenver I tried - it was a disaster - was a terrible mother and worker all combined.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Jun 27 2017, 11:14 pm
I can only work from home when I have a babysitter or at night when the kids are sleeping. Otherwise, the kids need me.

tichellady

Post Wed, Jun 28 2017, 12:07 am
I can't even work from home without kids at home. Way too distracting

Ruchel

Post Wed, Jun 28 2017, 4:35 am
I found it easy with babies, but when they get mobile... Videos LOL

BTDT. I had students at home who were surprised my kid(s) was/were there because they didn't hear. Very occasionally I had to go tend to a crying baby. I never lost a person because of that.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers